Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wimax and Eircom Phonewatch

Options
  • 02-12-2010 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if the Eircom Phonwatch will work as standard with Wimax ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭altor

You need an analog line for EP systems.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Basically a digi is a standard phone. If you can plug in a regular phone & make a call then the alarm digi can do likewise.
    Also works with the likes of Blueface whose units give out an analouge phone line.

davehey79 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the Eircom Phonwatch will work as standard with Wimax ??

I contacted Wimax and they said that any monitored alarm should not be connected to there modem.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

altor wrote: »
    I contacted Wimax and they said that any monitored alarm should not be connected to there modem.
    I had UPC saying the same thing. Even after I told them it works they still argued with me.

koolkid wrote: »
    I had UPC saying the same thing. Even after I told them it works they still argued with me.

They did not say it wont work, it does provide an analog line. They just dont want to take any chances if it does not contact the monitoring station in the event it was needed most.

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    They did not say it wont work, it does provide an analog line. They just dont want to take any chances if it does not contact the monitoring station in the event it was needed most.

That is ridiculous you could say the same if the line was down & you needed to dial 999. No reason whatsoever bot to use it. Like UPC etc. I'd recommend a back up PSU.

koolkid wrote: »
    That is ridiculous you could say the same if the line was down & you needed to dial 999. No reason whatsoever bot to use it. Like UPC etc. I'd recommend a back up PSU.

Thats correct but they are not willing to stand over there modem in the event it did not communicate with the monitoring station.

No service providers would be willing to guarantee communication at any given time or event. But you don't see them telling you not to use it.

They will tell you that, even UPC have said the same to you. No one is disputing it wont work, they just dont want monitored alarms connected to it.

UPC actually try to tell you it won't work. What I am saying is it is ridiculous that they don't recomment it on the basis that they will not guarantee connection. Vodafone or Eircom won't give a guarantee like that either but they dont go on with that rubbish.

• Advertisement

I agree but thats why they dont want monitored alarms connected to there line, they cant guarantee connection 100% of the time.

Advertisement