Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have flights booked during bad weather - options?

Options
  • 02-12-2010 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've a flight booked from Dublin to Las Vegas via Chicago for 19th December (Aer Lingus).

If the weather in Dublin or Chicago is looking like it'll close the airport... what is Aer Lingus approach to alternative arrangements?

e.g. if Chicago was closed on 17th I'd probably prefer to rebook Dublin - Gatwick - Vegas with another airline. Would Aer Lingus refund by outbound flight? Or would the flight need to be actually cancelled before I get any refund?

Any shared experience or other info appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Hard to say but my guess is they'll re-route you, possibly connect thru New York, Boston...maybe even London if they have the means.

Still early days yet tho and I'd be certain you will reach your destination on your original itinerary.

Remember the Americans are FAR better at coping with snow, especially in Chicago it's just a way of life so the airports are well prepared. It would take some serious blizzard to ground flights tbh.

You'd be best to ignore RTE news IMHO, perfect example of mass hysteria inducing panic. It's not a big deal over there.

Advertisement