Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microtec 6000 alarm system

Options
  • 02-12-2010 10:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, I am having a problem with a Microtec 6000 alarm system and I am looking for advice and help. A customer of mine wanted an extra alarm contact on a new W.C window. However since the fall of the snow and the thunder and lighting which has come with it(only so briefly).The customer has told me that the alarm has activated and that the outside sabb has continued to ring even when she puts in her alarm code. Can anyone offer help an assistance as too why this is happening? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Moved to Home Security Systems.
    The first thing I would check here is the SABB fuse.
    Is the SABB getting power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Aess

Thanks for the information Kool kid. I checked all fuses and they were ok. I'm putting it down to a power surge from the lightening we experienced in the early part of the week. I went ont to the customers house and triggered the alarm four time from different locations and each and everytime the sabb turned off when the code was entered. I also killed the power from the mains and the back up battery to the panel.

Thank you for your help.

Advertisement