Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi from dublin tonight? (wed 1st)

Options
  • 01-12-2010 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

What do ye think the chances of a taxi bringin a few of us back from town tonight are?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ste-ven

I think you've answered that one for yourself :)

Couldn't imagine them doing it and anyone that does, the price will be insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

They'll do it but charge you a fortune probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sudzy

Yeah, that's what im afraid of.. Don't want to risk headn in, and then end up being stranded there all night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

just book a cheap hotel in town :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Bus service is off from 8pm, Luas is offline, the city centre is an ice rink. If (and it's a big if) you manage to get somebody to drive out you'll pay a hefty enough price for the privilege. And it'll take about an hour too.

I'd avoid it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

Should get one easily and if they are driving super slow make sure that they are charging you for distance rather than time according to the leaflet thing in the back

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    Should get one easily and if they are driving super slow make sure that they are charging you for distance rather than time according to the leaflet thing in the back

You can't unless you negotiate a price as the meter switches to and from time/distance based on the speed you are doing, you could ask the driver not to drive too slowly ( pretty sure I know what answer you'd get ) or you could of course just pay the man for risking his car to get you home

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭seven stars

How'd you get on with this by the way? Were there taxis running? We're looking at a similar problem tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ugh.Im.Clashing

My friend and I went to a concert last night and got a taxi on O'Connell St a little before midnight as far as I can remember. Cost us €44.65, dropping us off right beside the college. The roads weren't too bad but it was a bit slippery on the motorway. The driver was really sound! He was also telling us that all the hotels were booked up last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Last new years it cost me nearly 50 euro to get from blanchardstown to leixlip in the snow and it took over an hour. You'll end up paying a fortune! I'd say bring your jammies in with ya and book a cheap hotel for the lot of ye, you'll save a fortune and can get some form of public transport home :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Clarion hotels have snow rates tonight. 50 for the room, not per person.

South campus also has accomodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

with pretty much every taxi driver you can get back to maynooth for €40, just make sure you ask them if they'll do it for that before you set off, could probably get it cheaper depending on the night/driver. if you don't and they put on the meter it'll be more.

got 2 taxis last week back from dublin in the snow, and both were the 1st driver we asked.
    no problems whatsoever.

Advertisement