Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intermittent Internet connection

Options
  • 01-12-2010 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Just looking for a little help here, or at least see if anyone else has come across this problem with their mac.

Anyways the problem is that the internet connection tends to be a bit erratic at the best of times, it cuts out randomly and usually requires a restart to get the internet connection up and running again. Now sometimes it can be fine for days at a time, other times it may only last a few minutes and just stop working again, needless to say it get frustrating having to do a constant reboot whenever there's a connection problem.

I have checked the IP Address, DNS and Router settings and everything appears to be in order. Have attempted to assign addresses manually with no success and have returned it to the automatic setting.

The OS is Snow Leopard 10.6.3. Any feedback would be much appreciated with this, it has me fairly stumped.

Backspacer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

I've just had a major session with Eircom BB support trying to fix an intermittent problem.

Turned out to be a line problem, all the hardware and installation was fine.

If you need to have your line checked, all I can say is good luck!

Advertisement