Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nanny Camera/Hidden Camera??

Options
  • 01-12-2010 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm trying to find out if there's a good and cheap camera option for my mothers house.

Her husband has been trashing the house as they are going through a divorce and he's denying it

So we would like to install a camera inside that he can't see and record his actions to bring to the police for a barring order. We have someone who can fit it and plaster around it and all, its just we don't know where to start in terms of what to buy or the best options. I don't think we need sound, or a lot of shots per second.

Thanks
    Nic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭altor

You can get covert cameras here

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭nickyjellybaby

Thanks, I'll contact them
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭altor

Your welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Hi all, I'm trying to find out if there's a good and cheap camera option for my mothers house.

Her husband has been trashing the house as they are going through a divorce and he's denying it

So we would like to install a camera inside that he can't see and record his actions to bring to the police for a barring order. We have someone who can fit it and plaster around it and all, its just we don't know where to start in terms of what to buy or the best options. I don't think we need sound, or a lot of shots per second.

Thanks
    Nic

If you want a cheap solution then there was an post on "bargain alerts" with a keyfob mini cam for less than €10. It could record for an hour on to a memory card and the quality was better than some of the more expensive cameras out there.
    Anything else, like the pic I've attached is going to cost a few hundred

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I got one of those keyfob cams to try out. The quality is very good, but I think they would be a little awkward for the application the OP has in mind.
    They are not the most user friendly & the short record time may not be sufficient for what needs to be captured.

• Advertisement
Advertisement