Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cost of graduation robes

Options
  • 01-12-2010 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭

Probably been done to death here or over on forum UCC, but does anyone else think the cost of graduation robes is outrageous? 40€ for the guts of an hour's use! :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Mmmuffin

Yep, I thought it was a bit crappy alright - but it felt good to finally have it on!! That whole day is a money racket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Well I paid and was not happy but I suppose I could have refused (but didn't). Turned out it was €45 too. Photgraphs a rip-off as well, really just milk everything don't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

I agree with you on the robe point, ridiculous.

But the photos arn't compulsory. I just brought my own camera and got shots taken around the quad, presidents door etc.

The only one I might pay for is the one on stage with the prez because obviously can't get one of those on my camera :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Oh I know, its just everything is geared to being a rip-off - robes you have no choice over at all!

Advertisement