Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Camera Serial Number

• 01-12-2010 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

I lost my camera in Munich there a couple of weeks ago, I'm now in contact with the Lost and Found over there... I've given them every detail of the appearance of it and photos on it, but none of the information I give them is useful, they need the serial number of the camera. Problem is, the only way I'd find the serial number is by the camera, or going back in a time machine to the day I bought it and threw the box and receipt in the bin.

Is there any way to retrieve the serial number from the photos saved on my laptop?! I know, it's a long shot!!!
    It's an Olympus X-42

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

You might be able to get it from the exif data. You will need an exif viewer that will give you all the information and not just the exposure and date information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭vonniec

Oh cool, Where/how do I get an 'exif viewer'?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

vonniec wrote: »
    Oh cool, Where/how do I get an 'exif viewer'?

If you can post a photo to Flickr.com or pix.ie we can look at the exif otherwise try this> Kuso exif viewer Google it, its free

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Paddysnapper

Or you can download free O'Panda exif viewer.

Advertisement