Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bicycle Christmas Party - 16 December 2010.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,321 ✭✭✭✭Victor

This is next Thursday. I'm likely to be on the door, so say "Hi"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

I'll be there. In training at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

do people take goldsprints seriously?
    Im gonna try it out, not sure what the competition/opposition will be like.

do people take goldsprints seriously?
    As serious as cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Rhythm is a dancer. I'd be keen to take you on drummerboy.

• Advertisement

Sorry only getting to reply now, I was in bed early last night and I'm just in from my morning sprint session. I hope your training is going well too Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Yvonne79

I will definitely be there and a bit early to see fashion show and gold sprints. Cool poster btw.

so is the fashion show cycling related clothes or actual fancy bikes?

so is the fashion show cycling related clothes or actual fancy bikes?

There will be some custom / fancy bikes present, but its about clothes aimed at the ordinary cyclist (not the Lycra crowd), e.g. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000687232475&v=photos#!/photo.php?fbid=433564673434&set=t.100000687232475&pid=5324761&id=32653388434

http://www.georgiaindublin.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

Just heard the following:

Fashion show at 9, then a bit of music, then goldsprints after that.

• Advertisement

Preparations complete. Got hammered and went to a late night gym tonight to simulate conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Karma

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dm_5qWWDV8

this might be better...
    enjoy

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/dublincycling
    Dublin Cycling Campaign
    JUST ANNOUNCED! The party running order: Doors open 8.30 / Fashion Show 9.15 / Films & Raffles 10 / Goldsprints 10.30 / DJ's Take Kerr & 25 Seán 12pm "Everything from Brake Block Beats to Derailleur Disco". Special prize for the most intriguing bicycle cycled to the Pod. Can you beat last year's winner (Kev) whose wonderous bike goes forward when pedalled forward & forward when pedalled backward! AMAZING!!

They say that history is written by the victors, but in fact that's not entirely true- sometimes history records as victors the also-rans, while the real winners slope off quietly to the margins, satisfied, presumably, in the knowledge that they came, they saw and they slayed, whether or not the record books document it as such.

I'm speaking, of course, of petethedrummer's magnificent performance in tonight's Goldsprints. If I remember correctly, it was 25.38 seconds, which was somewhere in the region of 4 seconds faster than the lad in second place (though not pete's PB).

There was a men's final after he left, but tbh it was a bit of a sham, a 'show final'- like a cross between elections is Zimbabwe and that recent Nobel Peace Prize ceremony where the guest of honour's chair was left empty.

Everyone knew who the real winner was.

(And well done to the Campaign- fun night all round.)

I did it tonite, was confusing. thought the race was over and I had lost but it turned out I was actually in the lead, had stopped pedalling! finished with 28something
    also had the saddle too low and the clamp was annoying, I usually have my legs right up against the toptube when pedalling.

I was confused as to how Pete wasnt in the final. I wanna do it again sometime, at least now I know what its about. would be nice to actually be able to see the screen while racing tho

Doctor Bob wrote: »
    They say that history is written by the victors, but in fact that's not entirely true- sometimes history records as victors the also-rans,
    Sod off, I got her phone number. :p

Good to meet you last night Bob. Didn't meet yourself Kamute, we'll have to get name tags for these things.

I just wanted to see if I could I get near my best times. I did 25.48 so there was no way I was gonna find half a second. And to keep trying would probably mean I couldn't walk this morning.

Aye- good to talk to you.
    And to keep trying would probably mean I couldn't walk this morning.

It seems Victor may not have had the same reservations about forgoing his ability to walk. Go Victor! :)

kumate_champ07- which round were you in? Were you on the red bike and wearing a studded belt, by any chance? My memory of the night is somewhat hazy in certain parts.

Agreed on seeing the screen- I think I'd find it frustrating not knowing how I was doing. Fortunately I had a perfect view of the screen from my spot against the wall. (I might have taken part in the sprints, but I checked and there was no ambulance on call outside. Maybe next time...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

GODDAMN EXAMS, really wanted to give this gold sprints a go but yet again i have prior commitments

Advertisement