Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heat Exchange/ Heat Return Pumps for water extraction for an non water application

Options
  • 30-11-2010 5:48pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me how heat exchange works?

I’ve an understanding of the principles behind it and more interested in the technology and application.

If you have a relatively low heat source compared to the surrounds how does it work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Low Energy Eng

Presumming you mean heat pump,

Have a think how your fridge works its the exact same, the pump absorbs the heat from inside and dumps it outside

Basically, you have the inside of the fridge circuit and outside of the fridge circuit

Outside of the fridge circuit is put under pressure which causes the refrigerant to heat up and dumps the heat externally when it flows back into the fridge it passes through an expansion valve which reduces the pressue on the inside circuit which lets the refrigerant cool down

If you forget that 0degreesC is cold and think that -100degrees is cold you can see that there is still energy there to absorb heat if you get me

Advertisement