Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC Technology 2010 HL Swing Bridge

Options
  • 30-11-2010 2:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hey guys, so as you may know tech students this year have to make a swing bridge which stops at its open and closing boundaries, I've made it stop using a push to break switch, but the problem is that when the push to break switch is turned off, the circuit is broken therefore I cant do anything on the circuit while the push to break switch is pressed down, so what I need to ask is have you guys got any ideas on how to make the bridge stop at its opening and closing boundaries?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Azuraiii

You have already done youre project? :O

Anyways ask youre teacher for advice or change the circuit completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jak/mar

The circuit is pretty simple actually (well the one I did)
    I made the circuit on Circuit Wizard first.

Basically I used two limit switches (that are normally closed) at the top and bottom.

2v1na5l.png

When the bridge is closed (low limit) the switch "Low" is open.
    When the DPDT switch is set to "Up" and the master switch is on the bridge will lift closing the limit switch.

o0c5e1.png

It then reaches the top (open limit) and opens the limit switch. The motors stop and then you can turn the DPDT switch to "Down" and the bridge goes down.
    3ajwi.png

As Azuraii said ask your teacher if you need help. They are there to help you.
    Hope this helps :D

Oh and don't copy my circuit completely ;):p

Advertisement