Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student holding kids at gunpoint in US School

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Sh1te. Hope it all works out ok and he gives himself up or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Sh1te. Hope it all works out ok and he gives himself up or something.

No. That's not happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

orourkeda wrote: »
    No. That's not happening.
    Yeah i know i suppose. Hope it's not carnage anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cooltown

Watching it on sky news now. No updates.
    Hope every one will be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Live coverage anywhere?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I see dead people

It's on sky news now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

Ah ****, not again. Hope everyone gets out unharmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Looks like Red had finally pushed Eric Foreman over the edge.

HELLLLOOOO WISCONSIN WOOOOOOOOOOO!

sorry very inappropriate, hope it all ends ok

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Dartz

I think I read that book.

His lighter gets shot, after the whole class gets some group therapy at gunpoint.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Watching CNN and they're not reporting anything, even their ticker is about Wikileaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭flanree

yeah, surprised cnn have yet to pick it up?

The students in the room are meant to be posting information on facebook acording to sky news!

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭flanree

• Registered Users Posts: 81,982 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

flanree wrote: »
    yeah, surprised cnn have yet to pick it up?
    OutlawPete wrote: »
    Watching CNN and they're not reporting anything, even their ticker is about Wikileaks.
    amacachi wrote: »
    Live coverage anywhere?

the pragmatist in me guesses they don't feel it's in the best interest to hype this. the rest of me is angry that they would censor such a current event.

...I guess I'll just have to watch FOX. They love scaring people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Overheal wrote: »
    the pragmatist in me guesses they don't feel it's in the best interest to hype this. the rest of me is angry that they would censor such a current event.

...I guess I'll just have to watch FOX. They love scaring people.

They probably shouldn't be showing it. I'm sure there's a clip on youtube somewhere with clips of different psychologists saying that talking about these things encourages repeats, inter-cut with clips hyping up other events. :pac:

Hope they all get out or someone gets the drop on yer man, I'm hitting the bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,982 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

amacachi wrote: »
    They probably shouldn't be showing it. I'm sure there's a clip on youtube somewhere with clips of different psychologists saying that talking about these things encourages repeats, inter-cut with clips hyping up other events. :pac:
    Or something to that effect, probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

A hostage situation at Marinette High School is over.
    Marinette's police chief says all 23 students and a teacher were released unharmed Monday night.
    He would not discuss the male student who held them hostage since late in the school day Monday, saying more would come out at a news conference at 9:30 P.M.

Source

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭rorymcgrory

Sitting in bar in minnesota. Not a mention of it on any news channels. Anyone fancy a pint?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

My heart skipped a beat when I heard that it was in WI as I have a nephew at school there. I was relieved to learn that it was in Marinette and not Racine and that everyone was released unharmed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

FROM SKY NOW

A teenage gunman took 23 fellow pupils and a teacher hostage in a high school classroom before turning the gun on himself, police say.

Emergency authorities said all of the students and the female teacher who were being held at Marinette High School, in Wisconsin, were released unharmed more than five hours later.
    The 15-year-old male gunman, who was not identified, was transported to a local hospital where his condition or the nature of the injuries was not known.
    Those held told reporters they had spoken to their captor about hunting and fishing during the stand-off.
    Police chief Jeff Skorik said the gunman shot himself as police entered the classroom after hearing three gunshots go off.

"The game plan all along was to have the situation end peacefully," he said.
    The teenager had entered the classroom with two handguns, a 22 caliber semi-automatic and a 9mm pistol.
    Local emergency management director Eric Burmeister said a school administrator called authorities after 3 pm to say an armed student had burst into a classroom.
    The motive for the situation remained unclear according to Skorik, who noted the student was not known to local police.

The high school will be closed until further notice and grief counselors will be on hand once the decision is made to re-open, said Superintendent Timothy Baneck.

The district had held a drill last autumn to practise what to do if a shooter entered the school, he added.
    At a hairdressers across the street from the school, a witness said the school had been surrounded by police cars and fire engines.
    The nearby car park was filled with people, many of them students.
    The school has about 800 students, according to its website. Marinette is about 50 miles north of Green Bay, Wisconsin.

Look i don't wanna sound to cold hearted etc but seriously? How bad a shot do you have to be to shoot yourself and not kill yourself?

Advertisement