Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC broadband not working, DS light flashing

Options
  • 30-11-2010 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

My UPC broadband has been down for the last few days and the tv is all pixelated and distorted. DS light is flashing and power light is on, tried rebooting router but to no avail.

Any suggestions??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

markrenton wrote: »
    Any suggestions??
    yes, ring UPC and report the problem. :rolleyes:

i don't want to sound like a tw@t, but have you seriously left this several days without reporting it to UPC and then come here asking what you should do???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 markrenton

obviously I already rang UPC but their service is **** and wanted to see if i could get it sorted sooner than 2 weeks time when the rep comes by and flicks a switch i could have switched myself.

you are a douche.

obviously I already rang UPC but their service is **** and wanted to see if i could get it sorted sooner than 2 weeks time when the rep comes by and flicks a switch i could have switched myself.

you are a douche.
    sorry, but you didn't say you had rung UPC so what are we supposed to think?

if you've rebooted the router and its still not working then UPC are the people you need to speak to.

mind you, if you'd said that you'd contacted UPC in the first place, then we wouldn't be having this conversation. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

you are a douche.

There's no need to abuse someone that's trying to help you. Take a few days to consider your posting style.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jinx9000

Hello,

any update on what this issue was as I've just tried to install mine and I'm in the same boat. I have not contacted UPC yet,

Cheers,

Bob.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

jinx9000 wrote: »
    Hello,

any update on what this issue was as I've just tried to install mine and I'm in the same boat. I have not contacted UPC yet,

Cheers,

Bob.

"DS" means downstream. If the light is blinking then there is an issue with receiving the signal. The OP has said that he had trouble with his TV signal as well. Do you have TV signal? Most probably there is nothing you can do yourself, ring UPC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

you are a douche.

I notice a pattern with people like you.

I am not being abusive I am being fair an honest.

Your first post was your chance to explain your situation and if people got the wrong end of the stick that is because you did not explain things properly.
    Instead of saying sorry you called the person names.

Ranicand wrote: »
    Instead of saying sorry you called the person names.
    yeah, but i can be a bit of a douche. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

vibe666 wrote: »
    yeah, but i can be a bit of a douche. :D

Well you said it.:D

Ranicand wrote: »
    Well you said it.:D
    i'm actually ridiculously nice in real life, so i like to make up for it by winding people up on the internet. sort of a yin & yang thing. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 ironside

Anyone got any ideas as to whether or not SKY is a better deal than UPC TV? I'd appreciate any good information on this one. Thanks. Happy New Year.

ironside wrote: »
    Anyone got any ideas as to whether or not SKY is a better deal than UPC TV? I'd appreciate any good information on this one. Thanks. Happy New Year.
    i'm thinking that sounds much more like a question for the TV forum rather than the broadband forum. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭jack67

:Dupcs no.1 fan vibe666

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

That's enough sideways motion on this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement