Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DS Wifi Connection!

Options
  • 29-11-2010 9:41pm

I'm having trouble with the Wi-fi on my DSi. I'm playing Pokemon Heartgold and the game simply doesn't recognise the internet connection I've assigned to the console, which is crazy because it works just fine when I connect to the internet. I looked it up and it seems that the game only works with a certain type of Wi-fi - one with WEP security. I'm working off an Eircom modem that uses a WPA key.
    I've gone around my local area trying to find somewhere with the right coverage, but no luck so far. Are there any users here that are having the same problem? Does anyone know somewhere that I can access the right connection for free?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

The first 3 options in your DSi "Connection Settings" are WEP only as far as I know, so you need to go to Advanced Setup which will give you connections 4, 5 and 6. You can use one of them as your access point and type your WPA key in there.

Mcdonalds has free wifi, dunno if its secured with anything though. Hopefully you wont need to trawl the streets Pokemon in hand now you (hopefully) have your DSi set up with your WPA!!

Advertisement