Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mrs Suds Rush, burnt out

Options
  • 29-11-2010 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what happened to the launderette on Main St. Rush?
    Looks like it was gutted by fire.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Oh God, I hope its not an electric fire, I can see the rants already! "Eirgrid burns local business down"

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

Nobody hurt I hope? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lorri_L

I heard that the night it started snowing a homeless person broke into it for shelter and started a fire that got out of hand.

Second hand information though!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,980 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Lorri_L wrote: »
    I heard that the night it started snowing a homeless person broke into it for shelter and started a fire that got out of hand.

I passed by it on the way to work at about 6.15am and noticed nothing (obviously I had no reason to be looking for anything if you know what I mean). By the time I had got to Lusk and Blakes Cross, I had met several ambulances and fire tenders. I just presumed there had been an accident somehwere. Only later I found out it was the laundrette.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Lorri_L wrote: »

We don't have homeless people in Rush, we like to call them eccentrics!

I heard it was an electrical fire.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,990 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No speculation over the identity of anyone who may have been involved

Thanks

Beasty

• Registered Users Posts: 24,980 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

It's a bit of a bummer for anyone who had left their best suit or guna nua in for cleaning!!

PS - re: thread title - was it not called 'Mrs' Suds?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

PS - re: thread title - was it not called 'Mrs' Suds?

Could have been all right , kinda hard to tell now though ;)
    Have changed the title anyway, as Mrs sounds more apt.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 undermeoxter

Mrs sounds more apt.

Why?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,990 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Why?
    Please don't derail the thread - now back on topic

Thanks

Beasty

• Advertisement
Advertisement