Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Edition changes!

Options
  • 29-11-2010 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

All speculation is based upon what little information we are given.

http://shoryuken.com/content/super-street-fighter-4-arcade-edition-changes-arcadia-magazine-2598/

I hope to god it's correct.
    Seth with 900 STUN and 800 stamina. I might actually survive a crossup. All in all his changes are gonna make him a rushdown character which i don't mind as that's how i like to play.

What to you guys think of premliminary changes for your chars?

From other reports i think makoto may be usable now, also rose's stupid Ultra 2 cannot be used as the most outrageous AA or reversal known to man.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

GUILE: Air throw 4f startup up from 3f.

hahahhaahahhahahahahahaah x 1OO

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Akuma changes seem alright - people were worried about walking speed but that seems untouched.

Instead, he gained a more viable Ultra 2 (will stick to 1 myself) and more invincibility with MP.SRK. Loses the corner hurricane escape but he still has a teleport, and the ability to block, so he's in a better position than a fair amount of the cast.

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 HandiCapanda

Ah Ken whats wrong? Dan is getting buffed so at least you have some hope.

Combo starting at :23 will cheer u up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK-mSyJBjag

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Placebo wrote: »
    GUILE: Air throw 4f startup up from 3f.

hahahhaahahhahahahahahaah x 1OO

Uh... did you read the rest of it?

I'll take complete invulnerability to low attacks in the sobat and better combos for a ONE frame nerf, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Akuma with a viable ultra 2 is veering into overkill terriroty. He's damage out is insane as is. If its viable ultra 2 I can see him going top.

Guile got buffed more than nerfed. Other sites are suggesting his flash kick
    buffed too. Seriously 1 frame more start on his air throw is going make zero difference. Sonic Hurricane doing less damage is in good in some matches I suppose.

On paper Bison's hard kick change is awful. Unless the hitbox has changed to make it trade less on anti air its really going hurt him. Gief will be a nightmare. Ultra 2 will be pretty much useless unless it gets a speed buff, and same with the super.

Thought Dhalsim was grand as he was.

Adon's changes are good.
    Sagat and Sakura too.
    Sad about Dan's knees being nerfed :(
    Dee Jay looks good too.
    Dudley probably needed more, but he's a character I reckon that could become almost too good with a wrong buff.
    Die Honda you miserable git!
    Hakan and Hawk I'm clueless about.

Rose soul spark meter build nerf seems random and pointless. Maybe they mean't soul reflect?

Gief I'm still undecided on. Ex.Green hand is going be like Ken's Ex.Tatsu, a mix up on hit. Seems like a straigh swap for a knock down mix up. Improved Jab SPD range and damage is scary. Some suggestions kick lariat has a vacum effect 2. I can see that back firing on Gief though assuming lariat still whiffs crouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

To reiterate my thoughts on Rose's changes with some additions.
    # U2's invencibility removed, but startup is 4f instead of 7f.
    I assume they mean the startup as in when the orbs appear or something, so that at least means they'll trade even more reliably if she loses the instant recovery.
    # Soul spark meter gain reduced.
    lol what.
    I suppose that'll hurt against grapplers and Honda since all I do in those matches is spam sparks... whatever XD
    I hope it's not as Azza was saying and a nerf to her lp reflect absorbing ability. Though admitadly I always thought almost a half bar was a pretty huge reward for absorbing. I wouldn't be too put out if it was knocked down to a third.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

I just hope Chun Li gets a decent normal SBK.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Adon

• Wakeup time changed.
    YES THANK GOD.
    Dudley

• EX Ducking added, has faster movement and faster followups (Straight, Upper).
    • cr.MK had more active frames; F+MK has a faster startup.
    • EX Short Swing Blow has less recovery.
    • Nice addition, Dudley relies pretty heavily on meter as it is though.
    • cr.MK could have done with a better buff, quicker startup or more range, but this isnt bad. Faster startup for F+MK :D
    • Useless move now safer to use, yay
    Seth

• He now has 800 health and 900 stun.
    Seth not looking too good in my opinion. His spin kicks damage gets increased, which is nice considering how little damage he does mid screen, but his zoning got hit hard with his loss of Yoga Sniper and U1 trading with projectiles is just retarded, useless ultra now. His stun limit got buffed a good bit, but 50 extra health is just not worth the nerfs he got.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Azza wrote: »

Guile got buffed more than nerfed. Other sites are suggesting his flash kick
    buffed too. Seriously 1 frame more start on his air throw is going make zero difference. Sonic Hurricane doing less damage is in good in some matches I suppose.

What kind of buff for the the flash kick?

I don't like the weak flash kick but he needs it to be balanced (it's part of what makes his wake up so weak). If it correct like Deehays upkicks now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Adon's wake-up is now probably not 3f faster than everybody, so I'll actually have to deal with cross-ups now.
    Sadface :(

I wish he'd gotten back jump-in MK->a.JK like in the trailers. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Xluna wrote: »
    I just hope Chun Li gets a decent normal SBK.

yeah what this game needs is definitely chun being buffed more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Well, I suck in general so the changes won't mean that much to me, but I like the sound of Adon's changes. Especially the air Jaguar Kick into Rising Jaguar, that sounds like loads of fun.

My other main is Balrog and he's not on the list. I think we already know what his changes are.

And of course any buffs to Dan are welcome but he'll never be top tier....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 HandiCapanda

Aye i'd agree with Gorey to an extent about seth...

HOWEVER! i've read in a few places that his dhalsim arms has been replaced by something that creates forward movement in the air so i'm hoping beyong hope.

I'm on a wall, Ono said there was a problem with people overplaying seth, wtf? so he wanted to end that.

He also said that instead he just changed seth's style so he's less accessible, which i think means rushdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Figured this might aswell go here. Dev blog is up for gief,dan,dudders and sagat. Just a few things to add to what arcadia said.

Wasnt expecting the damage buff to H.SPD :D
    Zangief

Normal Moves

• We increased his range on Far Standing Hard Punch.

Special Moves

• We buffed his damage on Light Punch and Hard Punch Spinning Piledrivers, and increased range on Light Punch Spinning Piledriver.

• EX Banishing Flat, when it hits a grounded opponent, will no longer knock down.

• As a result, it is impossible to go onto wake-up offense after EX banishing flat, but it's within Light Punch Spinning Piledriver's range so please utilize it wisely.

• There are no changes to either Lariat.

Ultra 2

It is possible to alter Siberian Blizzard's traveling distance by putting in a forward/backward input between Ultra freeze and start-up.

For forward direction, it can travel much further than before, so it's easier to grab backdashing opponents.

While the ground recovery on whiff has increased, we see it as a buff considering its possibility on controlling the distance.

Overall

The major changes are the EX Banishing Flat (Green Glove) and Light Punch Spinning Piledriver range. It became necessary, not just for Zangief players, but for the opponents as well to alter their spacing, so please research thoroughly in SSF4 Arcade Edition.

Sagat

[Normals]
    The total damage is increased on s.LK when both hits get connected.
    As before, only 1st hit is special cancelable.

[Specials]
    Tiger Uppercut's damage is increased when connected at the 1st~2nd active frames.
    There has been many complaints about Angry Scar that it comes out when unintended, so we changed its command to kick buttons instead.

[Overall]
    As there were huge changes in transition from vanilla SF4 to SSF4, there are no changes to anything besides damage and command adjustments.
    Being appropriate for his name as the King, he retains the potential to be a top class in SSF4 AE.

Dan

[Normals]
    Close s.LP's start-up is changed to 3f, and c.MP's start-up is changed to 5f.
    Close s.LK, Close s.MP, Close s.HK, Far s.LP, c.LP, c.MK's recovery are reduced, so there are new combos available.
    For example, Far s.LP -> c.MK and c.MP -> c.MP became to be possible combos.
    Neutral j.HP has pursuit property, and will slam opponents down to the ground when hit.

[Specials]
    MK/HK Danku's damage distribution got adjusted, and HK Danku's total damage is decreased.
    Koryuken will give air reset on trade. (<- likely on Dan, not the opponent)

[Ultra]
    Haoh Gadoken's invincibility is decreased to 8f after Ultra freeze.
    As a result, if it can be stuffed, and projectile will not come out when that happens.

[Overall]
    Normals are enormously buffed, so it became interesting in a close range brawl.
    The character is for pros, but this could be the one step forward to Saikyo!

Dudley

[Normals]
    c.MK's active frame is increased to 5f.
    s.HK's recovery is reduced. While the situation doesn't change on hit, frame advantage is 0 on block, so the risk is reduced and therefore it's easier to utilize.
    j.HK, will slam down opponents to the ground if they're hit in airborne state, so it's better as an AA.

[Uniques]
    We changed F+MP's start-up to 7f, and increased hitbox as well, so it is possible to hit some characters out of their low attacks.
    F+HK's hitbox got buffed, so it is possible to connect from further away than now.

[Specials]
    A new special, EX duck, is added in.
    Different from regular ones, EX duck has upper body invincibility during movement, and canceling into follow-ups is possible from the 3rd frame.
    LP/LK attack -> EX duck -> Ducking Straight/Upper is possible as well.

[Others]
    Jet Upper FADC on block has frame advantage of -2f.
    Also, we fixed cases on where throw didn't connect on some dizzied opponents.

[Overall]
    We made situations on where he had difficulty to be less severe, and made the changes for Dudley to have more variety of chances.
    We think the brand-new EX duck will become an important tool with new combo possibilities, so you can look forward to him.

Question and Answer Session

Blanka
    Q: About Blanka's hitback distance on block, you said LP&EX>MP>HP, compared to the current version how is it changed?
    A: LP & EX's hitback distance on block stay the same as they are now, MP & HP's distances got shorter. Risk on a long distance HP Roll got higher, but it retains its distance on hit.

Abel
    Q: Will his throw invincibility on TT get deleted?
    A: TT is one of Abel's major tools, and we tried adjusting here and there during development. We decided to nerf its damage, but its throw invincibility will stay.

Gen
    Q: I have a few questions about him!!
    1. Are there no changes to Crane normals?
    2. Are there no changes to frame advantage to his roll on block?
    3. Is Mantis U2 change hitbox only?
    I'm especially concerned about his Mantis U2.
    - Doesn't connect fully on airborne opponents
    - Most of the damage are focus
    - Short range
    - Cannot be KO'ed when the opponent's health left is not minimal

A: For crane normals, we did small adjustments to increase their usefulness, such as hurtbox reduce on some of them.
    There are no changes to frame advantage to his Roll.
    Mantis U2's change is the hitbox increased upward/downward only.

Makoto
    Q: About Makoto's changes, "HP and EX Oroshi cannot be fast recovered when hit" ^
    I thought they couldn't be fast recovered in the first place.
    Could it be that you mistyped it, and it's Tsurugi instead?

About Karakusa,
    "s.LK is cancelable during start-up.
    With this, we think that kara karakusa became fun in a different sense from SF3."

^
    s.LK's kara karakusa was a system in 3rd strike as well, so how is it "different"?
    Also, are there differences from F+LK karakusa that currently exists?

A: To talk about Oroshi,
    HP could be fast recovered on counter hit, so it's changed to be same as EX.
    -snip-
    About SSF4 AE Makoto's kara,
    the ones existing will stay there,
    s.LK is added in to be cancellable into Karakusa,
    and F+LK has 6f to be cancellable into not only Karakusa, but Hayate, Oroshi, Fukiage, and EX Focus as well.
    SSF4 AE's s.LK and F+LK have different frame data from those of 3rd strike, so they will feel different. We believe that s.LK's kara will be more simple if your objective is to get out Karakusa only.

So F.MP got buffed, not F.MK. Swap out stronger frame traps for better footsies, I think its a fair trade. Better pokes for crouching opponents is the one thing Dudley needs imo (besides a better wakeup). I would have liked more range for U1 as well though, an anti-fireball ultra that barely goes half screen sucks.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Makoto
    Q: About Makoto's changes, "HP and EX Oroshi cannot be fast recovered when hit" ^
    I thought they couldn't be fast recovered in the first place.
    Could it be that you mistyped it, and it's Tsurugi instead?

About Karakusa,
    "s.LK is cancelable during start-up.
    With this, we think that kara karakusa became fun in a different sense from SF3."

^
    s.LK's kara karakusa was a system in 3rd strike as well, so how is it "different"?
    Also, are there differences from F+LK karakusa that currently exists?

A: To talk about Oroshi,
    HP could be fast recovered on counter hit, so it's changed to be same as EX.
    -snip-
    About SSF4 AE Makoto's kara,
    the ones existing will stay there,
    s.LK is added in to be cancellable into Karakusa,
    and F+LK has 6f to be cancellable into not only Karakusa, but Hayate, Oroshi, Fukiage, and EX Focus as well.
    SSF4 AE's s.LK and F+LK have different frame data from those of 3rd strike, so they will feel different. We believe that s.LK's kara will be more simple if your objective is to get out Karakusa only.

Er... regarding the kara on all those moves, they're already doable, and quite easy except for kara karakusa. I'm confused as to what the hell he's on about there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Easy kara-karakusa == me playing mai waifu.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

They're probably saying they've increased the amount of frames its possible to kara cancel her F+LK, however, if that isnt the case then: 1) Its already possible in SSF4 and 2) Kara-Karakusa isnt easy.

This Q&A is barely readable.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Kara-Karakusa is fine as it is, bloody bandwagoners! :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement