Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jim Corr, crazy or just an opportunist?

Options
  • 29-11-2010 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

I know it’s fashionable to deride the likes of Jim Corr / David Icke / Alex Jones etc as “nuts” or “loons” or whatever, but I cannot help but come to the conclusion as of late that the only conspiracy and sinister happenings going on here could be that these men may in fact be nothing more than opportunists publishing / writing and televising the most outlandish and extraordinary claims in their books / newspaper articles / tv shows and on websites for the simple motive of gaining an easy buck or two.

Think about it, what could be a straight forward way to gain (1) a high paying career instantly along with (2) fame, even if it’s for the wrong reasons? Simple, you could write books about things “you have found out”, or articles with something along the lines of “the NWO is inserting fluoride into the drinking water because………”, or perhaps something along the lines of “swine flu was created by the illuminati”. I know these are not Jim’s exact words or theories, but you get the idea.

I mean excuse my French, but how the **** does one go from been in a pop band like the Coors to been an Irish Alex Jones within the space of a few years? I mean seriously, isn’t that suspect enough? The truth is out there, and perhaps it’s as simple as the fact that people like Jim Corr are talking through their arses not because they believe half of the stuff they come out with, but for the fact that they are making a lucrative career out of it. It seems to me that Jim Corr, although he is trying to portray himself as a 21st century Sherlock Holmes and champion of the ordinary people against the emerging New World Order etc – is in fact little better than a politician, using opportunism and talking crap in order to get a cosy living out of it.

Anybody who comes along and says “nah, the bloke is probably mad anyway”, please consider the fact that people like Jim Corr are getting great sums of wealth and publicity out of the things they are saying and coming out with. This kind of stuff sells big time, and there is a whole industry surrounding it. Now please don’t interpret all this as me been going into my own conspiracy mode and thus “calling the kettle black” so to speak. No, I am simply getting fed up of listening to the likes of Jim Corr pontificating whenever there is a political crises (e.g. the IMF crises as of late) and talking nonsense whilst portraying himself as a champion of the ordinary man and woman on the street, when all it more than likely comes down to is the marketing of fiction as “fact” to make a living out of it. But then again, the people who buy into this stuff are the bigger fools.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Just bored me thinks.

Heart's in the right place though, if not his mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

I preferred it when he was in the girlband...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

He spent his whole life surrounded by three rides who he couldn't touch because they are his sisters.

No wonder the poor bloke went mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Neither OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

KeithM89 wrote: »
    I preferred it when he was in the girlband...
    What happened to Jim and the Corrs?
    They were one of Ireland best girlbands of all time too!

• Advertisement
Advertisement