Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windmill Café is Skerries

Options
  • 29-11-2010 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever go to the Watermill Café in Skerries?

RANT.

We (3 adults and 2 Kids) went for a spot of lunch and it was like entering the set of Faulty Towers.

They were so rude that customers were laughing in disbelief at the attitude of the staff behind the counter.

Examples: When I was told to give my order (Very abruptly)…. once I started I was told to SHUSH! She couldn’t possibly remember all that and would have to write it down. This was my fault!?! Surely I’m not the first person to order more then three items off their menu… I was made feel as if I was been a nuisance.

I was ordered to wait back at my table and she would bring the food and drinks as soon as they were ready and she proceeded to serve people behind me in the queue and fill their orders and didn’t attempt to fill my order for at least half an hour later …. We weren’t in a rush so we didn’t mind too much.

Three tables of people got up and left, abandoning attempts to order, due to their distain with the staff. The girl making sandwiches was wearing plastic hygiene gloves. There not much use if you still wearing them when your taking change out of the till?? They were never changed once when we were there.

We had ordered some deserts (Bakewell Tarts) to be heated so when they finally arrived stone cold; I brought them back requesting that they be heated. Plates with Cake and fresh cream were put into the microwave and heated, I pointed out that she had now micro waved the cream and she bellowed at me, “that’s what you asked for?!? I didn’t!

Then at 4:00 they started to lift half empty coffee cups from tables, wanting us to finish up because they closed at 4:30, they even sent away potential customers at 4 o clock with the same excuse.

Who’s running this place and how are they making money with that attitude?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,766 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Is this the Watermill Café in Skerries Mills or some other place?

If it is the café in Skerries Mills contact the manager on 01 8495208.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Is this the Watermill Café in Skerries Mills or some other place?

If it is the café in Skerries Mills contact the manager on 01 8495208.

Yes the one up at the Windmill! Is it called the Watermill Cafe, we always refer to it as the Windmilll.

Thanks for the number.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I found them a bit abrupt too, but I don't go there very often.

Advertisement