Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Le Mans 24 hour race tickets

Options
  • 29-11-2010 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

Hi.

The tickets go on sale for this in a few days.

Does anyone know if they generally sell out quickly? Any tips on how to improve your chances of getting tickets?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Lucifer-0

These tickets were much cheaper than I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭afatbollix

How much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Only camping tickets I can see include a ferry over, anyone got a link to just camping tickets?

afatbollix wrote: »
    How much?

67 for general access to the circuit for the week.

Gets you into one of the practice sessions on Wednesday or Thursday, pits on Friday, and the 2 public curves for the race Saturday and Sunday.

Camping was 51 for the week, so in total around 120 including postage.

http://ticket.lemans.org/ext/billetterie5/index.php?site=lemans&langue=en&p=1

amacachi wrote: »
    Only camping tickets I can see include a ferry over, anyone got a link to just camping tickets?

Where are you looking??? The only camping ticket I see is just for camping?

• Advertisement

Lucifer-0 wrote: »
    Where are you looking??? The only camping ticket I see is just for camping?

Was on lemans.com or something. Very tempting at that price.

amacachi wrote: »
    Was on lemans.com or something. Very tempting at that price.

Oh ye I think I seen a website that looked official, but after a few minutes on it it looked like a travel agent doing packages or something.

Cheap all right, the ticket is for 7 days but I think I'd be fairly bored after 3 or 4 days so that will do me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Anyone sitting on the fence on whether to go or not should take the plunge and book the tickets. The general admission ticket is fantastic value(and includes a programme and DVD review of the previous years race. This ticket gives you access to the entire circuit including the Porsche Curves and the Mulsanne Straight.

The one piece of advice I would give everyone is to pick up a Kangaroo TV, absolutely priceless bit of kit for the weekend!

I went in 09 and had probably the best racing weekend of my life, fantastic atmosphere and great racing. There's concerts on throughout the weekend as well. The drivers parade and pit lane walkabout are great sideshows for when there is no action on track and while the parade can be a bit repetitive the fans make it pretty special and worth doing for any first timers.

We stayed in a campsite about seven or eight miles from the track but there was never any issue with traffic getting back from the track, the only delays we had were when some French farmers blocked the motorway.

The museum is also worth visiting with loads of vintage cars and Group C ones on show as well.

I've a gallery of probably ten images on my site for anyone interested.

I don't really have the cash to go, but if I can convince someone else to come along the extra enjoyment over going myself would make me find the cash somewhere. :P

Advertisement