Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Restoring SC2 from Backup; different drive path

• 29-11-2010 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 81,550 ✭✭✭✭

I had to reformat a PC so I backed up what I hope were all of the game files associated with all of the programs so I should have everything I need to just drop SC2 Back into place.

However the Computer was a single partition setup and I've changed it to a triple partition setup and now want to non essential programs to D:\

My question is can I just drop the files into D:\ somewhere and if so what do I have to change in what config files (if any) and where are these, etc. The internet where I'm at is under a MB so I'd rather not have to spend 3 days repatching everything that I need to redownload and repatch.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

use the cd to install the game to d:/

once its installed, just copy and paste the files that you backed up into the folder and overright anything.

it will work fine. i did it a few days ago when i re-formatted.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,550 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Actually in the intervening hours I just dragged and dropped and it runs right out of the folder. Couldnt be sure till post-format anyhow

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Yep. SC2 is like WoW, and creates registry files for itself when you run it, so you can drag and drop the folder anywhere and its just the same as installing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

deconduo wrote: »
    Yep. SC2 is like WoW, and creates registry files for itself when you run it, so you can drag and drop the folder anywhere and its just the same as installing it.

If only more games did that :D

Advertisement