Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No way out of Rush - Vehicle wise

Options
  • 28-11-2010 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

Whats this?

Im hearing no one can get up bow hill, where is that? Is it the hill where the ESB place is after Rogerstown?

From Dublin Bus:
    Sunday, November 28, 2010
    Updated 18:15
    Routes 33 and 33a
    Terminating in Swords Village, not serving Lusk, Rush, Skerries and Balbriggan.

Trains are running, but eh.. Im not risking life and limb walking to the station.

Where's these bleeding salt trucks? Only the other day I heard on the radio that Ireland was prepared for this years Winter.. evidently, that was a lie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Javiero

That's mental. were not too far from Balbriggan and it doesn't seem to be too bad!

They have salt/gritted some roads but looks like the recession has even had its effect on salt! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

friend told me he tried too and to avoid it.

from what i can see anything off main street is pretty bad.

went to the spar today took the car to see what it was like . slow and steady wins the race here people. slow down with your gears. you have to keep your wheels moving. the second you skid you are buggered.

anyway......... its not going to get any better tonight with sub zero temps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

And maximum temps of +2, christ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭sashasdad

Whats this?

Im hearing noone can get up bow hill, where is that? Is it the hill where the ESB place is after Rogerstown?

From Dublin Bus:
    Sunday, November 28, 2010
    Updated 18:15
    Routes 33 and 33a
    Terminating in Swords Village, not serving Lusk, Rush, Skerries and Balbriggan.

Trains are running, but eh.. Im not rising life and limb walking to the station.

Where's these bleeding salt trucks? Only the other day I heard on the radio that Ireland was prepared for this years Winter.. evidently, that was a lie.

Its the hill past the grave yard.
    Impassable? I think not, unless the salt truck/snow plough I saw coming down the main street was airlifted in.

Show me where I said 'impassable' ha.

Which hill after the graveyard? there's two.

• Advertisement

there might be a way you can go thinking of it. if you come down doctors lane towards brook lane turn left. its shown as a road on google maps. but i know on the other end of it it has a sign saying private property.

should avoid the hill. however you can continue on to lusk by pass.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Park+Rd&daddr=Park+Rd+to:Haystown+to:Park+Rd+to:Unknown+road+to:Unknown+road+to:Unknown+road+to:Unknown+road&hl=en&geocode=FVyxMAMdSOii_w%3BFUi2MAMdku6i_w%3BFYq6MAMdNOOi_w%3BFWPAMAMddsGi_w%3BFaLVMAMdnJui_w%3BFaLeMAMd_IKi_w%3BFbbAMAMdQk6i_w%3BFQCpMAMddFOi_w&mra=mi&mrcr=6&mrsp=7&sz=15&sll=53.522503,-6.138096&sspn=0.013088,0.038409&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭sashasdad

Show me where I said 'impassable' ha.

Which hill after the graveyard? there's two.

Definition of IMPASSABLE: incapable of being passed, traveled, crossed, or surmounted or no one can get up it.
    Its the hill after the grave yard i.e. the first hill after the grave yard.

It was a joke daddy-o, no need to go all wiktionary on me.

Personally, Iv no way out of Rush tomorrow. Noone in my family will even consider starting up their car in this weather, and as stated before Im not risking my life walking to the train station.

at the end of the day......... if you dont feel up to it dont do it. last thing anyone want s is to panic and wreck cars and hurt people.

Dublin bus just updated their thingy, 33 and 33a still terminate in Swords.

• Advertisement

dont think i would like to see a bus trying to tackle an icy hill.

Could you imagine sitting upstairs on a 33 going down that hill tomorrow morning? heart in mouth or what

oh lad.....

would never happen thouhg. thats why they are calling off the buses. i would imagine though fingal are the guys you need to be contacting about this.

i have not seen it myself but i am sure fingal wont want a pile of crashed cars because of an icy road.

but i still maintain.......... dont do it .

the early risers will be the worst hit i would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Just came through it, now thatrs in a 4w drive but it's not too bad-just take it easy and keep gears high! dont come to a stop or your screwed on the hills..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Last update on Dublin Bus was at 20:00, 33 and 33a are still out of action. Irishrail .ie say trains will still be running tomorrow despite weather forecast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

I drove home from Drogheda this morning. No problems until reaching Lusk when kids attacked my car then it was just careful motoring. I don't drive a four wheel drive by the way.

Where was FCC to clear and grit the roads? Thats a central tranport corridor. Do they should have it pretty well clear tomorrow if they go ahead with the official opening of Rush Library, FCC can't be having the Mayor of Fingal stuck in Rush.

It's a Telecom station not an ESB station by the way.

Corsendonk wrote: »
    It's a Telecom station not an ESB station by the way.

Ah, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

My wife went to Swords today and said the worst bit was between Rush and the Station on the way. Big freeze again tonight so caution required for the next few days. Safe travelling to all.

This was a bit of Rush this morning. My first attempt at H.D.R photography

From the park at the harbour lookig towards Drummanagh
    [EMAIL="%3Ca%20href="]5214130515_8e7d18019d.jpg[/EMAIL]"

Rogerstown Estuary looking towards Balleally landfill
    [EMAIL="%3Ca%20href="]5214773128_5693c6577d.jpg[/EMAIL]">

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Very good and HDR is???? Looks faintly like a colour sketch.

Let's not start getting all hot and bothered over photography, men.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭goulders

22 40 hrs
    still terminating in swords

Why didn't stuff like this happen when I was in school and wanted dearly a proper excuse not to go to school :/

22:40, busses still terminate in Swords..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

According to DB website, 33 and 33X running as normal this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

I passed a bus stop full of inbound passengers in Lusk this morning - I assume a bus turned up eventually. Was around 7.10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

My wife got on a 33X at approx 8am this morning and was in her office in Harcourt Street for 9.35am

That's not too bad.

Advertisement