Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery won't hold a charge iPhone 3G

Options
  • 28-11-2010 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

Today while on a call, and the iPhone was about 80% charged, it dropped to zero. Now, when I plug it into iTunes to charge it, it shows the red battery and the charging symbol, but it won't take a charge. I assume the battery is kaput.

Is there anywhere in Dublin city center that replaces batteries? About how much should I expect to pay? Would I be better off attempting it myself (although the videos look a little complicated...)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭edunne2010

Hi,

I had this problem too, what I done was switch if off for a hour, then switch is back on and charged it and it worked for me! Since I done this it has worked for me!

Thanks, Hope this works for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭bardcom

It's been "off" for a day now, and it still behaves the same. I'm thinking I need a new/replacement battery.

Can anyone receommend me a place to get a battery replaced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭James2693

Do you have a case on your phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There are plenty of small backstreet shops in Dublin that do this kind of thing while you wait. There used to be a sticky on the mobiles/PDAs forum, but that may be gone now.

If you've had your 3G since they were released, then this is unfortunately typical of the type of battery used in modern consumer electronics. They hold a great amount of charge when new, but typically lose their capacity over a period of 2-4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

I am having the exact same issue on my 3G, funny thing is that it jus started since I upgraded to IOS 4.2.1

A silly question, I have a European iphone charging on an Australian charger?.
    Not through a convertor. Would this make any difference when it comes to charging the iphone?

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Feelgood wrote: »
    A silly question, I have a European iphone charging on an Australian charger?.
    Not through a convertor. Would this make any difference when it comes to charging the iphone?
    Nope, shouldn't anyway. Oz is on the same current/voltage as Europe.

Advertisement