Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for advice on the best small mixers..

Options
  • 28-11-2010 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Looking to get a small mixing desk, around 8 channels?
    Ideally at least 6 XLR inputs. Don't mind if its USB or not.
    Don't really want/need onboard FX.
    What should I be looking for in terms of quality rather than quantity, There are a few desks with 8-16 inputs for the same price of 6-8 inputs, This being more channels but no so good, Less channels but better electronics and better signal no?
    I'm always dubious about Behringer, I've been looking at Soundcrafts and Yamahas, Anyone got any recommendations?
    Oh forgot to add, Budget up to €300.

Thanks

Paul.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

Those small Yamahas are excellent, better build than the Soundcraft. The Soundcraft's sound very nice too though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Was looking at the MG series Yamahas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I've been using a little Yamaha MG102c for a few years and found it pretty decent. No plans to change and it's robust enough to travel as part of a cabin luggage gig bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

That's the one I was thinking of.

Advertisement