Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email Subject Lines

Options
  • 28-11-2010 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I've got a new production company Dundara Productions.ie where we produce adverts, wedding and sports videos, duplicate VHS to DVD etc. A major part of our company though is called VidiQuest.com, producing marketing films for businesses websites.

We've been sending marketing emails. The problem is finding a subject line that will make people actually open and read the email instead of just binning it straight away. I've tryed putting in "VidiQuest Productions" and a number of phrases directly associated with the business. When I follow up with a phone call most businesses tell me they never got the email!

Any suggestions would be much appreciated guys.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭YouProduce

Please don't send me spam, try a different route:/

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭deasyd

Find out the name of the person that you want to read the e-mail and put that in the subject box. That nearly always works for me. It might involve making a phone call first to get the name, but once their name is in the subject box they will at least open it. I suppose they don't think it is spam when you refer to their name.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,377 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

deasyd wrote: »
    Find out the name of the person that you want to read the e-mail and put that in the subject box. That nearly always works for me. It might involve making a phone call first to get the name, but once their name is in the subject box they will at least open it. I suppose they don't think it is spam when you refer to their name.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Careful sending to individuals. Here's the legal guide. http://www.dataprotection.ie/viewdoc.asp?DocID=905&ad=1

Note prior consent is generally required for targetting individual persons.

Part of the OP's problem is that much of the market is for special occasions, so it's often irrelevant when received so very easily deleted and forgotten.

There could also be problems with your mail host e.g. mail1.eircom.net is an open relay and might be blocked by some ISPs/blocklists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 BusinessForums

I would just leave the subject line as "Re: "

Because it's blank they will be more inclinded to read it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement