Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I claim previous year's unused tax credits?

Options
  • 28-11-2010 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I'm a self employed sole trader. If I didn't use my full allowance of tax credits from the previous year, can the unused tax credits be claimed in subsequent years? Or do you just lose any unused tax credit at the end of year?
    And IF they can be carried forward, in which section of a Form 11 should it be recorded?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭colm1234

gbh2930 wrote: »
    I'm a self employed sole trader. If I didn't use my full allowance of tax credits from the previous year, can the unused tax credits be claimed in subsequent years? Or do you just lose any unused tax credit at the end of year?
    And IF they can be carried forward, in which section of a Form 11 should it be recorded?
    bad news im afraid its same rules for every one you get 1830 tax credits at the beginning of the year plus all other relevant expenses IE. service charges, but once the year ends they are wiped and you get it all over again so no even if your self employed you cant claim for previous years

Advertisement