Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUI Maynooth Open day 27/11/2010

Options
  • 27-11-2010 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hello All,
    I am applying for the Psychology Degree in Maynooth next year and I have already attended their information session. I had intended to go to their open day today on Saturday 27/11/2010 but due to the bad weather and treacherous road conditions I could not make it. I was hoping to sit in on their Psychology lecture also.
    I am interested to hear from anyone who attended who could give me an insight into how it was? What went on there?
    Did anyone sit in on the Psychology lecture? How was it?
    Will I get another chance to do what I had intended?
    Has anyone done the Psychology Degree here in NUI Maynooth? What was your experience?
    I much appreciate everyone's input here.
    Thanking you for sharing in advance,
    Peter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 fugglysh*tters

hey, yeah I did my undergraduate in maynooth graduated in 2009. I liked the place and enjoyed it very much. The lecturers are very approachable and the standard of teaching is high, the department is of a high standard and you can do research placements in the summers to work up your experience for your cv. My thesis supervisor was extremely helpful and equally you could just call in to any lecturer to chat about something.

on the other hand the research department is on the small side? would you be interested in a more equipped laboratory with assess to fMRI and such?

I don't know what your looking for though to what colleges would you be comparing undergrad courses? as a college maynooth makes a great one but its small and cosy, cheap and has great atmosphere. for an all round college experience I really enjoyed it and the degree was very good just depends on what your looking for specifically? hope that helps :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

on the other hand the research department is on the small side? would you be interested in a more equipped laboratory with assess to fMRI and such?

Only TCD has an fMRI machine in Ireland and I'm not sure if any undergrads are allowed work with it (running participants through it is a very expensive business). Anyway, it doesn't matter if you do your undergrad research with an fMRI machine or a questionnaire; the important thing is that you learn how to conduct, analyse and interpret research (which you will get from any of the main universities).

Advertisement