Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6.25 Dundalk Yesterday

Options
  • 27-11-2010 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone see this race? It was a photo finish and I was on Sports Casual who finished second. The problem I have is that I could have swore that Sports Casual won, the initial photo seemed to confirm this. Now I don't mind losing out on photos but this just had me in disbelief. Everyone in the betting shop in disbelief as well.

I mean I've won out in tighter photo finishes before. Anyone else see this? :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Did not see it mate, could it have been a bad angle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

The Guvnor wrote: »
    Did not see it mate, could it have been a bad angle?

Maybe, I was thinking that they took the initial photo at the wrong time but apparently that's not possible! Probably was a bad angle, absolute killer though, first time I've ever been so sure of being on a winner only to be on a loser!

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭qc3

Watched the race on ATR. You can feel hard done by, as I thought your horse held on.
    Problem is that there is no site that hold photos of photo finishes for the punter to look at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i wastched that race myself, i really thought your horse held on

• Registered Users Posts: 10 intersky69

I've found this forum while looking for official photo finish prints for irish racing. Apparently they're nowhere to be found. You can get prints of UK racing but they're fairly expensive. I've watched that Dundalk race over and over again and Take Two never headed Sports Casual. Must be some technical problem with the print equipment - and i'm not talking through my pocket! The jockey was sure he won. Punters mugged as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

spent the last 10 mins on ATR checking the replay out,after checking and double checking in my opinion the result is correct,but when i watch it in real time i still find it hard to beleive he got up
    had i backed the 7/2 shot i would be well pissed off,but i'm impartial so i think they got it right

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I agree with heavyballs here. Its difficult to believe in real time but if you get the pause on the line it entirely possible that Five Two gets up by a nose. They are dead level on the line

• Registered Users Posts: 23,830 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

having just watched it i can't believe the other horse got up.
    It looks to me even though his head was down crossing the
    line that he still hadn't got up
    I for one would love to know how they traded on the exchanges
    for that photo

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

I backed Sports Casual and layed off in running :). ATR showed the print and it was quite clear that Five two had won. It wasnt even that close to be honest. They traded 1/1 the pair on Betfair in the photo. Five two might have just edged the betting the longer it went on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 intersky69

I saw that print on the night on ATR but it's hard to believe that was taken exactly on the line. When they showed the slow mo on ATR there seemed to be distortion of the picture due to the floodlighting when the horses are at the finishing line and therefore it's near impossible to determine for sure which horse won. Sports Casual's ass is well in front of Take Two's at this stage but unfortunately it's not their asses that win races! I suppose the photo finish camera can't be wrong, or can it?

• Advertisement

Five Two runs again tonight at 7.30

Sports Casual in the 7.00

i backed Sports casual...easily

Advertisement