Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lights Flashing in the Sky

Options
  • 27-11-2010 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hey! Silly question maybe but has anyone else noticed the flashing light in the sky in the Rush/Donabate area? We're in watching the Toy Show and we're noticing this flashing light in the sky. For all the world it looks like lightening but surely this isn't the type of conditions you'd expect lightening??:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

In Portmarnock wondering what the hell that light is!!
    I honestly think it is lightening! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Just noticed the same here in Swords.

Saw it twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭mark182

Beats me, looks really freaky

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Seeing as everyone from Dublin to Wicklow is seeing it, it's either lightning or aliens.
    I'm going with lightning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Its only the Wrath of God advancing on the Irish Nation, don't worry you won't feel a thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭meathgal2010

its lightning. Have a look at the weather forums

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp?ani=y

You can see a weather bank move down the coast if you use the above link.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Shades799

Once again boards delivers, thanks lads/lassies!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Saw a flash of light a few times between the M50 and Baldonell area. I put it down to lightning or someone taking my picture :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 DevilsTemptress

its been going on for hours but no sounds of thunder . . . yet the light is so bright and frequent I can't sleep . . . . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭SwdDub

Hey I'm hearing massive amounts of thunder but I can't spot any lightning from here in Swords (near Airside) has me awake though. Thank goodness for boards. I couldn't work out what it was when there was no obvious signs from my window

lol hmm okies thank you - I need a blind fold so and ear plugs if it heads this way - light sleeper :P

Thank's Y'all XxXHope you all eventually get sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭SwdDub

I think it's just skirting the coast Temptress. Just depends on where you are as to whether you get the video or audio!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

BIG lightning less then 1km away in Balbriggan coupled with heavy snow-Baton down the hatches!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭T17cH

I'm not In Dublin but could it be spotlights? Iv noticed in the past people saying they seen flashing lights in the sky around tramore and it was just spotlights from a circus.

T17cH wrote: »
    I'm not In Dublin but could it be spotlights? Iv noticed in the past people saying they seen flashing lights in the sky around tramore and it was just spotlights from a circus.

No its lighting, thunder and hail stones unless I am living on a movie set these days. But then again there is a circus at the bottom of my road.:pac::pac:

Saw it two nights in a row, odd time of year for lightning, was going to post about it when I saw it on Thursday evening but reckoned I'd look stupid! There was one massive clap of thunder in Balbriggan last night around 3 at a guess, that shook the house... then the heavy hail... stupid snow.

Aww cool - Im in Lucan, maybe thats it . . . . it was bizarre though, mystery solved :P

Thanks all XxX

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Driving from Dublin to Cavan last night, the sky was crystal clear and yet there were a fair few flashes of lightning. Real weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Definitely lightening. There were a few rumbles of thunder as well.

• Advertisement

Anything more tonight? Haven't seen any but we have the lights on.

Don't press your entire body up against a plate glass window in the middle of a massive thunderstorm. The 17-year-old me would have done well with this advice.... and may not have landed on her back on the floor. Yep I have been struck by lightning! How cool am I? Guess this increases my chance of dying in a plane crash since you're more likely to be struck by lightening.... I stay well clear of champagne corks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Didnt notice anything tonight but this morning 6.45am there was a flash as I was driving to work and when in Balbriggan about 7.50am there were 2 flash's.I just took it to be lightening but didnt hear any thunder.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

from what i understand hail dropping past lighter, smaller ice crystals going upwards with an opposite charge is one of the fundemental causes of lighting.
    judging by the ammount of gravel sized hail that just fell in rush, id say there will be more lightning.
    the flashes of lightning travel further trough big white clouds making the flash seem intense even though its miles away, even far enough away for the sound of the thunder to dissipate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Just saw some now in lusk. I must be mad out for a smoke in this hail.

...doesn't feel that cold oddly enough.

Advertisement