Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency driving?

Options
  • 26-11-2010 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Friday traffic is mental in most areas especially town centers and city areas. Today I was in heavy traffic and noticed blue lights and heard a siren coming up behind me at a traffic light junction. I watched as they did what they had to do to negotiate the traffic. It was a fire brigade crew cab and I didnt envy the driver having to fling it about as I can relate to how they handle at speed as I drive one too.

Anyhow he did fine at this horrible junction and proceeded down the town choosing to ignore faster routes, he had a choice of three other routes. He went through every gridlocked junction the lenght of the town. It took several minutes obivously.

I continued about my business in the town center and five minutes later another 4x4 fire brigade non crew cab came from exactly the opposite direction heading into the thick of it again. The town has about four by-passes that make up an orbital route and many inner roads that offer an alternative to the main streets.

I surmised it had to be some retained fire fighters getting experience on emergency response driving. I may be wrong but it all adds up. Would I be way off the mark to guess such a scenario? I will be talking to a few of them on Monday and I'll ask what was going on. But in the meantime I would be interested in peoples opinion that if I guessed right would it be a "done thing" about Ireland.

:confused: ps there is not an iota of criticism in this observation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

Had it confirmed today. They were practice runs in "rush hour"

340 odd views and no replies too, must be a common sight to everyone else:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

There's only one way to teach someone to do blues and two's runs and that's practice and more practice. Also being able to establish approximate times to get from A to B in a certain area in certain circumstances has it's merits.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Glad you got your answer OP.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement