Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning for cyclists in Kevin Street

Options
  • 26-11-2010 9:19pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This is applicable when parking your bike anywhere in town, but i saw two nice racers with wheels missing during the week in Kevin Street, and had the same happen to me last year. When locking your bike, lock your front & rear wheel, and frame! And remove the quick release mechanism too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

well anybody who does not lock their front wheel, back wheel and frame plus removing all quick releases anyway is asking for something to be stolen.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

_sparkie_ wrote: »
    well anybody who does not lock their front wheel, back wheel and frame plus removing all quick releases anyway is asking for something to be stolen.

This is true, but i've seen it numerous times in Kevin street, with nice bikes getting wheels/parts robbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

its the same in bolton street which has gotten pretty bad for theft since september.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Yeah I only just noticed at the weekend that my back wheel is loose. Someone had tried to use the quick release to remove it but obviously didn't understand that rear triangle locking method. Dunno how long I've been cycling around with it like that!? I'll be checking it every time I go to cycle home now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

Park in Aungier Street car park - it's free, secure and there are plenty of bike racks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

so far so good locking it in the car park. Front, back and frame locked always. Not really thought about the quick releases though till now. :eek:

Advertisement