Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Christmas Trees?

Options
  • 26-11-2010 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

just wondering does anyone know where is doing the cheapest trees?
    i want a fake one, at least 7ft and dont want any of those really bare looking ones! no pre-lit or decorated ones because i already have loads of lovely lights and decorations :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Dont get it yet, will be a brown mess by christmas morning!
    Not sure about cheapest, but coilte used to sell them at the entrance to cratloe woods.
    Of course your man outside dunnes jetland should be starting up in next week or 2, and you will also see them on sale in the market around then too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,585 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

phill106 wrote: »
    He said he wants a fake one.

They're available in most DIY places like Woodies, Atlantic Homecare and the like, but I don't have any prices for you.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

phill106 wrote: »
    i want a fake one

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

B&Q had a fairly good range last week, starting from 10 euros for a 6ft faker (narrow one, would suit small space), up to the big bushy ones. They are way more expensive though, starting I think at about 70 or 80 euro...all the ways to 150. But they are keepers. They also have the pre-lit ones etc.

Tesco had a few, but minimal selection.

Argos have a 7ft 'spruce' for 62 euro, fairly nice and bushy.

Homebase had a good selection a few weeks ago, as did Altantic Homecare.

If your at a loose end tomorrow, trawl the above shops.

Perhaps give a reply with your findings for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭jelliebellie

havent had a chance to go look yet. gonna go weds or thursday around parkway retail park and childers road. might aswell get a nice one and ill have it a few years then. tried out my lights last night. i have 5 sets and most work, not too bad! :)

• Advertisement

Ok i am blind! Sorry!
    I have a nice fake one, got it in bt years ago, but in the sales after xmas.
    If you can get a cheap one or a real one cheaply this year, and then hold off till sales, can get a good one for like 80% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭manna452121

[QUOTE
    Of course your man outside dunnes jetland should be starting up in next week or 2, and you will also see them on sale in the market around then too.[/QUOTE]

This man started today but all his trees are real.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I want a fake Christmas Tree.
    PhilPill wrote:
    Don't chop it down yet or it will be like a brown Bonzai Tree - Best thing to do is to blindfold your Family and then buy one in BT's in the sales after Christmas.

:confused:

Raiser wrote: »
    :confused:

oh no, if only i realised it before you posted it!

oh wait...
    I did!

I made a mistake, sheeesh!

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Penneys €15, argos €17, b&q €23, no idea if there is any left.

• Advertisement
Advertisement