Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Fi.G.H.T.S. Ep. 3: SF3 3rd Strike, 18.12.10

Options
  • 26-11-2010 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭

Project Fi.G.H.T.S. Episode 3: The Cakey Runback

projectfightsep3640.jpg

Another Slayers24 has just been announced, and you know what that means - it's Project Fi.G.H.T.S. time!

Tournament format is groups into double elimination.
    All matches except for the grand final will be decided by a single game. (probably 2/3 since it looks like we'll have a second setup)
    The grand final will be best two out of three. (3/5)
    Button binding is OK.
    Character selection is completely free. (except for Gill of course)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

In it to win it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I might try and head up for this one. 15 hours on a bus here I come! =D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Sairus wrote: »
    I might try and head up for this one. 15 hours on a bus here I come! =D

You're a brave, brave man, 7 hours of train to Dublin and back does my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Will try get to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

hopefully that girl that beat me last time is there, some sweet vengence
    anyone wanna stay there and head out, nightclubs there are awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cloudpaul

Placebo wrote: »
    hopefully that girl that beat me last time is there, some sweet vengence
    anyone wanna stay there and head out, nightclubs there are awesome

Was it at last year's Dramatic Battle? That'd be Tsukiko-Chan if it was.

I'll practice a bit for this, people generally seem to be playing 3S again up here now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

- Double elimination

I stand a chance!

- Single game

... oh :(

Srsly, please up it to best 2/3 games. Japanese rules suck, and you can get 3 games in the time it takes a single SFIV match to finish!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Cloudpaul wrote: »
    I'll practice a bit for this, people generally seem to be playing 3S again up here now anyway.

Don't know if this little tidbit has been posted here yet, but the 3S side-tourney at CXC outdrew any of the main games (21 - SSF4 and BB drew 16 each. GGAC wasn't far behind, on 15).
    Srsly, please up it to best 2/3 games. Japanese rules suck, and you can get 3 games in the time it takes a single SFIV match to finish!

Well, there will most likely be only one setup available. We could go with 2/3 but we'd be doing very well to finish the tourney in less than four hours in that case.

That said, if it's possible to run two or more setups we'll switch to 2/3, definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Would definitely be more likely to come up for this if it was 2/3. Hope you can secure a second setup

• Advertisement

I can secure a 2nd setup easily for it, even if it means bringing my own TV down too.

Excellent. First post edited.

Oh yeaaaah! 3rd strike y'all!

What's my prize?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Blinn

Wow! Cakey runback is a great name for a tournament.

I will be there, yeeeeehaw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

A semi final with dreddy.

A semi final with dreddy.

Newtype is a 3s beast... watch out!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

So do I pick Ken/Chun, or do I go with my heart.

Hmm...

q-3rd.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Blinn wrote: »
    Newtype is a 3s beast... watch out!

I've seen both play, and Newtype is really good, but Ramza is a mo foing beast!

I used to play with Simon and Mike ages ago IIRC (definitely Simon at least), I just don't think he remembers :pac:

3RD STRIKE!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

This taking place in the middle of one of them 24 hours things right? The journey is just too long for me to bother with otherwise, I had to run off the last day, so I could get a decent bus home.

And +1 for best of 3

I've seen both play, and Newtype is really good, but Ramza is a mo foing beast!

Well Mike hasn't played the game properly in aaaaaaaaages, since he prefers to put more effort into getting good at 1 game rather than thin out. Still, it'd be nice to get people back into playing 3S up here properly again (not that many of us did the first time round, lol). Looking forward to a night of proper FGs again, anyone wanna play GG too then hit me up.

Cloudpaul wrote: »
    anyone wanna play GG too then hit me up.

All day if you can :pac:

Looking forward to this :D

Just letting you guys know that I'm bringing the start of the tourney forward to 1:30 pm (in order to make sure it's finished before 5:30, by which time I'll be leaving Slayers24 because of something that's come up). I'll probably put together a new poster to reflect this soon.

EDIT:

projectfightsep3update.jpg

So, this couldn't go ahead as both of the guys who were supplying copies of the game were delayed by the snow. I've (tentatively) rescheduled this for the 15th of January, with the next Project Fi.G.H.T.S. taking place the following weekend.

projectfightsep31501116.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Hey man I checked my calendar and I won't be able to make this one at all, sorry! :/

Sucks too since I've really been in a 3S mood this past week! :(

No problem, Paul's bringing a setup - time might be a bit tight, though, if we get a big turnout, although I doubt that's likely at this stage.

I'm comin! Heck yeah. I have lots of uni projects but you gotta make time for 3s

Out of interest do many of fighting game crowd usually show up to saturdays sessions?

I've always been under the impression that saturdays are a bit dead, think someone told me that when I first joined.

• Advertisement

Savin money so don't think I can go

Let someone else win innit

inb4 dodger, I'll take y'all on

Advertisement