Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Race Car Cameras

Options
  • 26-11-2010 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me how the cameras are mounted on some track or even rally cars - especially externally as I imagine they are mounted to the roll cage internally?

If suction cups are used how are the camera leads run through the car?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Batteries and memory cards are your friends - they must be pretty much self-contained.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭320d

Would they have to be seperate from a splitter box?

i.e if the external camera is a secondary camera can it be feed to a splitter box to record onto a memory card via a DVR?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭afatbollix

I work in the industry..

Depends on the cameras or what they are used for. The live cameras are insane cameras worth about 100k

Most of the in the car cameras would use a bullet camera which we can pretty much put any where with gaffa tape. Inside the car we would use roll cage mounts, suction cups wouldent pass the saftey checks for rallying and track racing.

At the moment I use a camera that uses a SD card, its HD and I can plug in a rally drivers intercom into it. We would use one DVR per camera. I also use a camera that is all in one package. I just strap it to anything I want, To get the different shots it doesent have any wires so its great for putting it in some places.

Advertisement