Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clinical Accreditation?

Options
  • 25-11-2010 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭

I was reading on another forum that the D. Clin Psych in Ireland is no longer accredited by the BPS. I haven't found any other sources to back this up; does anyone have any further info? Is this true? And if so, why has it lost it's accreditation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

I think you'll find that the PSI (Psychological Society of Ireland) accredits courses in Ireland, rather than the BPS (British Psychological Society).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I meant the agreement that the PSI held with the BPS, that courses in the republic would be regarded as equal to courses in the UK.

I've since been informed that as long as Clinical students complete modules in certain subjects, they can apply to the BPS for accreditation. I'm a little frustrated that my department never made any of this clear to us during our studies. Perhaps other universities have better commuication with their undergraduates!

It's probably more relevant to graduates who are considering emigrating, either to complete professional qualification and/or start a career.

Advertisement