Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offaly Winter fuel prices

Options
  • 25-11-2010 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

This is a re-print of a post i've done in the laois forum also but that's because I'm between Mountmellick and Tullamore a good bit so I tip into Portlaoise a bit also.

Looking for great (and nasty) winter fuel prices. So coal, briquettes, logs and drums of kero. particularly, anyone know who sells kero (drums or fill your own etc) at the pump around Offaly? below is Portlaoise and Portarlington.

I know Flaherty Fuels sell kero in drums but I can't remember the price.

So.....

I'm shopping for coal (40kg) at the moment and think that Brown's Animal Feeds in Clonminam Ind Est is as good as it gets:- 11.50 if I saw correctly today as I parked in telfords and browsed. Its 12 on the radio ad on Midlands Radio 3. Telfords have it for 2 for €25. These are excellent prices compared to Glanbia etc (I think but correct me if I'm wrong).

I was also on the hunt for drums of kero. I tracked down WH Deverells who do a 20L drum for €27, which I thought was saucy but depending on the price per litre when you refill, it might be ok. Boyds (Topaz station) in Mountmellick quoted me approx 83c per litre which would work out grand on your own drums, but they don't provide.

Anyone got any good fuel prices to add? Particularly coal and kero drums as I'm still hunting !!

edit: I just found this on Donedeal. Now THIS is what I'm looking for! Common sense by oil companies. I would say if this says geraghty then its Geraghty Oil in roscommon town. But any other oil company reading this, start selling 100L like this and you won't have bad debts to collect. Its common sense with the fascist 4 year plan upon us now: - http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/heating/1700687 That's 100L for €78 folks. I like that ;-D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

19.80 for 22 litres in Lambes Oil, Tullamore. Sell the drums too for a tenner if ya need one. Will check another few places over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lockers55

Darcys Petrol Station, Mountlucas, Tullamore

Got 25l of kero for €23

Advertisement