Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a kitten for christmas

Options
  • 25-11-2010 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, thought I'd put out a request if anybody has a kitten that they would like to go to a good home. The little one wants a kitten for Christmas. Thing is she lives in Dublin, I live in Limerick. I can't hold on to it til Christmas as the place I'm living in isn't suitable. So essentially I'd be looking to pick one up on Christmas eve.

If anyone has a kitten great, if not if anyone can point me towards a kitten great too :)

Thanks

Padma

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Animals do not make for good Christmas presents, especially for kids.

Kids can't toss an animal to the side when they get bored of it.

Bad bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Would you not get a turkey like most folk? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

RonMexico wrote: »
    Animals do not make for good Christmas presents, especially for kids.

Kids can't toss an animal to the side when they get bored of it.

Bad bad idea.

I understand your concern, however the kitten is for a family, not just for a child. They have been looking for awhile, so I decided to arrive on Christmas with the kitten.

Good, good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 51,189 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Have you contacted the Limerick Animal Welfare?

They have a few kittens on their site: http://www.limerickanimalwelfare.ie/

I was just on to them there, and can get one a week before Christmas. Though ideally Christmas eve suits the whole situation better as then the kitten can just blend in to its new home, rather than being moved from the shelter to another house, to it's new house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Could you buy all the accessories in time for christmas - cat carrier, litter tray, litter, scratching post, bed, bowls, toys, food, maybe a book aimed at kids on looking after your first kitten etc. - and present it to her in a big hamper with a bow - then pick up the kitten after Christmas? Most rescue groups like LAW would be a lot happier with that arrangement. You could bring her with you to the LAW shelter or the DSPCA shelter after Christmas so she could pick out the kitten herself? Gives her something to look forward to after Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Take one from LIA or some group like that, as suggested above.

boomerang wrote: »
    Could you buy all the accessories in time for christmas - cat carrier, litter tray, litter, scratching post, bed, bowls, toys, food, maybe a book aimed at kids on looking after your first kitten etc. - and present it to her in a big hamper with a bow - then pick up the kitten after Christmas? Most rescue groups like LAW would be a lot happier with that arrangement. You could bring her with you to the LAW shelter or the DSPCA shelter after Christmas so she could pick out the kitten herself? Gives her something to look forward to after Christmas.

Thats a good idea!! I have a scratching post from the last one, but could do with the other equipment.

Advertisement