Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying 2yr old Wii - what about motionplus

Options
  • 25-11-2010 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Money is tight and I'm being offered a great deal on a 2yr old wii with 6 games & wii fit board but just wondering if anyone can help me with a couple of questions.

1) Motionplus: Don't think the older ones have this but will I regret not having it? Now its more for my 5yr old so I suppose he won't know the difference anyway, will he!

2) At a later stage can I buy the motionplus controllers and will they work with an older console.

3)Is there a newer better wii fit board out now with the wii fit plus or is it the same board & just an updated game?

Would appreciate any advise people may have on the above because I really want to buy it but have these questions niggling in my head! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Money is tight and I'm being offered a great deal on a 2yr old wii with 6 games & wii fit board but just wondering if anyone can help me with a couple of questions.

1) Motionplus: Don't think the older ones have this but will I regret not having it? Now its more for my 5yr old so I suppose he won't know the difference anyway, will he!

2) At a later stage can I buy the motionplus controllers and will they work with an older console.

3)Is there a newer better wii fit board out now with the wii fit plus or is it the same board & just an updated game?

Would appreciate any advise people may have on the above because I really want to buy it but have these questions niggling in my head! Thanks

1. All wii's have the ability to pick up motionplus. It is based on the controller and not the system itself.

2. Yes, as above.

3. Same board, just a new game.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Not many games use Motion Plus anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Wii Sports Resort seems to be the only one or at least the onlyone of note that requires motion plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Red Steel 2 seems to be the only other game to use it. And have seen it cheap with the Motion+ in some store sales if your desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Also the Wiimote Plus will be coming soon:
    http://www.nintendo.com/wii/console/controllers

The next Zelda game will use it apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭niallon

Wii mote plus is out already, €50 in Smyths. That's all you need if you want to upgrade. But as mentioned the only two noteworthy games that REQUIRE it are Red Steel 2 and Wii Sports Resort.

I use the motion plus with Tiger Woods 11 and find it enhances things alright but I wouldn't say life changing or anything!

Advertisement