Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Photo Thread

Options
  • 25-11-2010 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭

Obviously the idea has been taken from forums elsewhere, but i reckon American Football has the potential to be the best forum for this thread! IMO the sport has the abillity to churn out the best pics due to the overwhelming coverage each and every game recieve's!

So lets try keep the chat to a min and the pics flowing!

.. Oh and difficult as it may be lets not turn this into nothing but a cheerleader perv fest... Or a Tom Brady one for that matter Archimedes!;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Said i'd start it off with my fav from last weekend! Santonio celebrating a last gasp victory securing TD over the Texans!

09000d5d81c4a821_gallery_600.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

does it have to be from each game week? if so I'll change it. but for now...

2858012197_cb52e57442.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 37,956 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

We already have one stickied, its called the sights and sounds of American football. Pics, youtubes and all that stuff go in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Obviously the idea has been taken from forums elsewhere, but i reckon American Football has the potential to be the best forum for this thread! IMO the sport has the abillity to churn out the best pics due to the overwhelming coverage each and every game recieve's!

So lets try keep the chat to a min and the pics flowing!

.. Oh and difficult as it may be lets not turn this into nothing but a cheerleader perv fest... Or a Tom Brady one for that matter Archimedes!;)

This what you are looking for?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055996408 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I think the OP means it like a review of the week or the games in pictures. The stickied thread seems to be for other stuff that's occured in the past. The soccer forum has a photo thread and it works well IMO.

• Advertisement

I think the OP means it like a review of the week or the games in pictures. The stickied thread seems to be for other stuff that's occured in the past. The soccer forum has a photo thread and it works well IMO.

Nothing stopping any of us putting those weekly pics in that thread though. At the end of the day both threads would have the same end goal right? Also using the other thread means its already stickied and it will be updated regularly if they are weekly photos. Awesome idea by the OP for sure.

Sorry i just meant any photos in general... If theres another thread thats fine... Just want users to throw up there fav pics from any time! I looked for another photo thread and didnt see one! So if there is one mods do what ya gotta do! Love the first pic not by me by the way:)

Id like it to be like the soccer forum, with updated picures after every week, but theres nothing stopping people who wanna post there fav pics from the past... Every time i visit sights and sounds it seems to be filled with videos, id like for a thread were we update every week with our favs fromt he weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Starting a photo thread when there already is one, and asking me not to post pictures of Tom Brady?

How can I not post a Tom Brady facepalm!

Tom%20Brady.jpg

09000d5d81aab110_gallery_600.jpg

Wheres the specific photo thread BTW?

Wheres the specific photo thread BTW?

The Sights and Sounds thread is for both. Looking through that thread there is 44 vids and 20 pics. That is a decent amount of pics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

New+England+Patriots+v+Detroit+Lions+7Hio4LZ8hPMl.jpg

The Sights and Sounds thread is for both. Looking through that thread there is 44 vids and 20 pics. That is a decent amount of pics.

Awful lot of work but thanks for that!:rolleyes:.. I took a look through the forum and i didnt realise there was a specific thread for those pics u enjoyed from your team over the weeked!! Suuuuuuuuuuuhhhhh!!! :)

Mods shut the thread down if its not for here!

Awful lot of work but thanks for that!:rolleyes:..

Yeah man it took me hours to count the 3 pages. But hey I wasn't trying to be smart merely pointing out the numbers because you said it was filled with Videos. I was showing you there is a healthy number of pics in there. The Sights and Sounds thread isn't that old and only has 3 pages and it can serve the same purpose of the thread you wanted. One thread dedicated to all media that is football is enough in my eyes. And The fact that is stickied makes it even better for your purposes. Ask yourself do the soccer guys even have that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Awful lot of work but thanks for that!:rolleyes:.. I took a look through the forum and i didnt realise there was a specific thread for those pics u enjoyed from your team over the weeked!

It's a good idea mate, but it's been done. How specific do you expect the thread to be?

I'm no mod, and being a game night, you almost certainly won't find one (weird, huh? :rolleyes:), but when they do finally show up, they can decide if the want a video and picture thread. Or thread one for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Some people really need to unbunch their knickers. Mods have lives too ya know, we don't all sit at our computer all day waiting to close threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement