Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[COMPETITION] THANK YOU!

Options
  • 25-11-2010 7:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭

Who would you say THANK YOU to?

November 25th is the first ever Irish National Thank You Day, supporting the Irish Hospice Foundation.
    The idea is straightforward; it’s an opportunity for people to simply say ‘Thank You’ - to anyone and for anything.

cardcol1_6.jpg

The Irish Hospice Foundation wants to encourage people all over Ireland to take stock and to reach out to the people in their lives who have made a difference. This could be for a significant life event or something as simple as a kind word or act.

cardcol1_7.jpg

A big aim of IHF National Thank You Day is to raise funds, so "The Thank You Book" (a gratitude journal for everything that is positive and great in your life!) and a fantastic range of Thank You cards are now available here.

Book%20Image.JPG"

The cards and book (a gratitude journal for everything that is positive and great in your life and the perfect Christmas gift!) are beautiful and full of messages from celebrities such as Gabriel Byrne, Brendan Gleeson, Martin Sheen, Seamus Heaney, Brian Friel, Christy Moore, Sinead O’Connor, Maeve Binchy, Gay Byrne, Sheila O' Flanagan, Fiona Looney, Cecilia Ahern, Rita Ann Higgins and Pat Ingoldsby among many others. Funds raised through the sale of these cards and books will go to the Children’s Hospice Home Care programme.

We have 5 copies of the book to give away as prizes. All you have to do is post below who you'd like to say Thank You to and why.
    cardcol1_8.jpg

The cards and The Thank You Book are available from www.thankyouproject.ie. The book is in all good bookshops and the cards are available through Watermark Cards in shops throughout the country.

An estimated 1,369 Irish children live with life limiting illnesses and somewhere between 354 and 398 children die each year prior to their 18th birthday. Under a five-year programme, which has been agreed between the IHF, the Department of Health and Children and the Health Service Executive, the IHF is raising funds to develop a hospice home care service for children. This project will support that work.

The IHF will fund Ireland’s first Paediatric Palliative Care Consultant as well as five of eight outreach nurses in the community who will provide support and advice for healthcare professionals who are delivering care to children with life-limiting illnesses at home. It will also continue to organise and fund palliative care training for nurses across a range of specialities.

You'll find the Irish Hospice Foundation on Facebook here and can read more about the Thank You Project here.

T&C:
    Your post may not appear immediately. Winners will be chosen at random on Thursday 2 December, so long as their post is appropriate. Inappropriate posts will not be published. No cash alternative offered. This prize was donated by the Irish Hospice Foundation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Thank You Europe for the sub

(thought i'd keep it topical)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

I'd thank Fintan o Toole & David mcWilliams for showing us that there are other options and avenues for us and for pointing out that are government arent even considering these options.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 neadycodd

Thanks to my sister and my husband - you keep me motivated and strong every day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

Thanks to Thierry Henry for making the French so guilty that they are happy to help with a bailout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

I wood like to thank BOARDS.ie
    For supporting me underfoot as I walk the road of life
    For not nailing my thoughts to the floor
    For stopping my Pining
    For not Skirting around issues
    For keeping me in knots in the humour forum
    For Sprucing up my day
    For being so Poplar
    For being an Alder Lemon
    For not Cypressing my views

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Thank you to my Dad for always staying strong despite everything changing and people slipping away. (and thank you for always being there for a hug!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I'd thank the inventor of the remote control, for giving me the power to turn off the news more recently, to ensure my spirit stays strong:D

On a more serious note, I'd like to thank my ex-partner - Although I haven't seen him in 8 years, he gave me the most wonderful child in the world - an 8yr old who makes me smile so much, that he almost brings tears to my eyes (gulp!) - I will be eternally grateful to him (and he has no idea what he's missing;)) so thanks Mr. D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Thanks to Dave, my old boss who gave me the best job advice I ever got and has only seen me on to better things.

Thanks Dave!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hoanymole

to the staff at St James Hospital who work tirelessly in a pursuit of human kindness, with limited resources, to make us all feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Pudding11

A big thanks to my partner for always being wonderful, allowing me to have a purple bedroom in our new house, and for choosing two wonderful black kittens for our home from the DSPCA!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

I'd like to thank my toddler for everyday reminding me of the important things in life like crunching the leaves in the Autumn and jumping in puddles; playing with flour while baking until your hair turns grey, snuggles on a cold frosty morning and bashings when you won't get out of bed quickly enough.

On that note, I'd like to thank my former employer for making me redundant. While it seemed like a horrible thing at the time it has meant I can enjoy the little things with my wee man.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fudge74

I would like to thank my Dad. Even though he is no longer with us, he left us with fantastic memories, great stories and a lifetime of happiness. Miss you Dad xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭padair

Thanks to the people who say thanks when I hold the door open for them, you make my day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Thank you to all those who supported the recent drive to raise money for Bee for Battens - The Saoirse FoundatioN!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I would like to thank my ex-partner, who gave me the best gift in the world - my 8yr old son:):)

Despite having no contact with him in the past 8years, I will be eternally grateful to him..... and he has no idea what he's missing:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Thank you to my partner and baby daughter, the reasons I get up in the morning and sleep so well at night.

Thank you for giving me happiness & hope, you make the darkest dark, bright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭niallon

Thank you for the music...

...the songs I'm singing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Thank you to Terry & the Doc for getting their kits off for the SSF. To this years victim, use a high resolution camera, thanks, better for the screen saver :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

A big loving THANK YOU to my mother for supporting me through the toughest time of my life, she'll never truly know how grateful I am for everything. X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I would like to thank my mother. She was always there for my brothers and I. Even in very difficult times when she lost two brothers (my uncles) through freak accidents, and her father (My grandfather) through ill health, over the years she has kept strong. I don't know how she does it, but she is always optimistic, always looking towards the future. Teaching us discipline and respect, even though her sons are all adults now :o.

Without her, I wouldn't be the man I am today. So mom, thank you. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭markievicz

I'd like to thank each and every person who has entered my life because they kept (and still keep) me motivated to get to where I want to be in life, push me over the bad times, help keep me sane :D, always remind me of the good times we've shared and they can always seem to make me laugh (even in inappropriate times);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭ryaner012

I'd like to thank my mum,

who has always been there for me and always seems to know best,

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

A pre-emptive thank you to the people of Laois-Offaly for not re-electing Brian Cowen

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I'd Like to say Thank you to CPI (now enable ireland) for helping me walk correctly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gussieg

I would like to say thank you to Cork for putting me up, even though I am from Dublin, and to all the people who have turned their back on me, put me down and generally made my life that bit more difficult and lonely at times, you remind me how much I dont want to be like YOU.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Thanks Mum :) I was born on your 28th birthday (Many Happy Returns to us next week by the way :D) and even though I like to joke that I was the best gift you ever got the truth is that it's the other way around - you've never flinched in your support for me, never let me forget how much you love me and carried me when I wasn't quite able to stand on my own. In return I hope I've made you proud and given you a fair few laughs along the way. You're the best Momma ever, only you could always manage to leave out that one vital ingredient from all those new recipes you try out and still make it fabulous :pac: mwah!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I would like to thank my best friend. He has always been there for me. He helped me alot with my OCD and is just a great friend in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

Thank you to my mam for always being there for me:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Thank you to my boyfriend for loving me when it hasn't always been possible, for listening when I needed an ear and for his loving arms when I needed a hug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭SIMPLYTHE

I'd like to thank God for giving me the most wonderful relationship in the world. We are so ridiculously happy that we underplay it to everyone else, coz they just wouldn't believe it. Thank you God that we met and are so in love.

I'd also like to thank God that I was born in Ireland. Yes, it's full of recession depression now, but I still feel really lucky to be living in this country. It's still first world and the people are great - the best in the world! We've been through worse. It'll get better.

(that's also sort of a prayer!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement