Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any bar in galway to watch games

Options
  • 25-11-2010 6:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭

anywhere in galway that shows the games... somewhere that other fans go to so there would be a bit of craic or at least interest and more importantly the commentary would be on. Also, a bit early i know, but i am looking for somewhere that will show the superbowl... and serve drink for the game which will run into the wee small hours of the morning.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

gufc21 wrote: »
    anywhere in galway that shows the games... somewhere that other fans go to so there would be a bit of craic or at least interest and more importantly the commentary would be on. Also, a bit early i know, but i am looking for somewhere that will show the superbowl... and serve drink for the game which will run into the wee small hours of the morning.

Usually Richardsons I believe....The Cellar use to. But no bar will server after 2..they can't. Richardsons got caught out a Superbowl Sunday a few years ago.

It's tough to find a good place. A few years ago I went to The Living Room and they kicked us out at the end of the 3rd quarter....

Anymore I'm just going to watch it at home. Also a strange coincidence is that Superbowl Sunday and the Galway rally seem to sync every year which at least 2 of the years I went out resulted in the national anthem being booed and a bunch of skangers talkin' ****e about the game for alot of it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭basillarkin

gufc21 wrote: »
    Im going to Garveys Sunday night to watch the early game, there will be a few in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

The Prince Bar in Athlone (owned by the same company as the skeff) did a superbowl deal last year, discounted room rate including dinner and breakfast with a later than usual check out and because you were a guest you could dirnk in the residents bar during the game, they didnt close the bar for a long while after the game either. Served loads of dinger food during the game too.

Maybe get on the the skeff and see if they'd do the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Guffy

cheers lads, was told about garveys alright might look into the skeff as well.

Advertisement