Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absolutely incredible CGI

Options
  • 25-11-2010 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭

http://vimeo.com/7809605

Watch it in HD if you can, this is a 12min short about architecture, and its ALL cgi, the talent behind this is extraordinary, why Hollywood studios with millions of dollars for effects cant do stuff as half as convincing as this is beyond me.

Comments

Is this really all CGI?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Yup, amazing isnt it? you honestly wouldnt tell if it wasnt pointed out to you, i didnt at first i was waiting for something to happen that was good but obvious cgi, but every bit of it is.

.. that was amazing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Ah lads fs once you've seen Avatar you've seen it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Augmerson wrote: »
    Ah lads fs once you've seen Avatar you've seen it all.

I'm more impessed by cgi that isnt so obvious, not that Avatars cgi wasnt incredible in places (and dodgy in others tbh) its when you dont realise stuff is cgi is when its more impressive when you find out, take Zodiac, its almost impossible to tell how much of that was shot on a bluescreen, you wouldnt think it given the subject matter and setting, but watch the vid below, it blew my mind to see how much of it wasnt real:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

This seems a suitable time to break out the Stargate Studio "Backlot" video again to show just how prevalent CGI really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

So calming, love the ambience in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

This advert is also 100% CGI

http://vimeo.com/15630517

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Subtlety, that's the key to CGI. Photorealistc CGI has been around for a while but I've never seen it executed so well like this before.

The textures were incredible, right down to the pain chippings on the camera. :eek:

Had to watch the composite breakdown to make sure I wasn't being duped :pac:

Good grief, think of the amount of time it took to create that (modeling, textures, rendering, etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Olaf

I had the opposite reaction to all those youtube videos where the comments are all "FAKE". And then crazy **** started happening! Amazing video.

• Advertisement
Advertisement