Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite region?

Options
  • 24-11-2010 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

I'm gonna say johto or kanto. I haven't seen unova yet of course.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Sinnoh for me, it gave us online trading and really opened up Worldwide Trading IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

Without playing the new game, I'd say Hoenn is my favourite. It was just so different from Kanto. Plus you could make a secret base!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Kanto is some awesome stuff. It gave us the first trading, and the most interesting one to explore.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Hoenn for me too. Waaay too many hours gone into Sapphire. Isshu (I refuse to call it Unova ever as it is a stupid name) is nice but haven't fully explored it yet. Although you can see it was made with the 3DS in mind with a lot of 3D parts.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Johto.

And I'm with Atavan, I'm not calling it that. Isshu forever!

• Advertisement

Unova is the only name I have an isshu with =>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

You Kanto beat a classic!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

The problem with this question is that, in general, each region has introduced more to the gameplay and gives a better gaming experience. And tbh, there's something I like about every region

Kanto was where it all started and still has the most well-rounded pokemon

Johto was great because it was joined to Kanto and therefore had more playability as you got 2 regions. Hated the introduction of roaming pokemon and didn't find the new pokemon that interesting but the world itself was cool

Hoenn was probably my least favourite. Felt a bit gimmicky. I did like the broad variety of pokemon though and the theme of land vs sea was kinda cool

Sinnoh was a great region for me. Liked Team Galactic, loved the gym leaders and felt the pokemon were very balanced. I'm also a sucker for the new final evolution lines (magmortar, electivire, togekiss, rhyperior etc). One of the main problems was too many legendaries (particularly event legends) and in DP the paucity of fire pokemon in the Sinnoh dex was frustrating

Unova seems really good with what little I've seen of it so far. I love not running into Zubat and tentacool (although they have been replaced with other annoying pokemon). The starters are okay (apart from yet another fire/fighting) and I like the storyline.

Overall I'd have to say you Kan't beat Kanto, although 'S no region like the Sinnoh region. You can talk to-Joh if you want to Hoenn your skills at pun-making. Also, Unova is very hard to make a joke about.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

MatthewVII wrote: »
    Also, Unova is very hard to make a joke about.
    True, it's not like the other regions in that respect. You could say it's "unova" kind...
    Although that may not work depending on your pronunciation... But I bet it works in France Unova in Spain too.
    Ah there's no pleasing you people. If it's not one thing it's unova...

I like unova. The only name I don't like is hoen.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Oh God, stop the puns! ;__;

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jazzkamiden

wait is this the same cloud493 from ONM?

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

Having *just* beaten elite four in platinum I have to give major big ups to Sinnoh but I'm a nostalgic buachaill at t he best of times so I'd have to go with Kanto, although i haven't seen much of Hoenn because some gypo sold be dodgy copies of gen 3 games on ebay

Kanto still gets my vote. So epic, and in 4 generations so far. And yes I'm off ONM

Advertisement