Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Care for Macbook Pro?

Options
  • 24-11-2010 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

I tried searching on boards but I couldn't find what I was looking for.

I'm wondering what's the best place to buy apple care for a 15" macbook pro. I'm getting a price of €272 on dabs.ie. Anybody know of anywhere cheaper? I've tried the usual places, apple.com, compub, elara, komplett etc...

Also, am I right in thinking that apple care gives you a 3 year warranty. So if I let my standard 1 year warranty run out but register the apple care a few days previous, then I'll get another 3 years. So 4 years in total??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭whippet

that is about the cheapest you will get it outside of ebay.

The AppleCare will give you 3 years in total from date of purchase, therefore it make no difference if you register it the day you buy it or after 364 days

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

Ok. Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Keep in mind you are already covered under the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services act 1980 for any hardware failure out of warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

Also good to know. Thanks. €272 is a lot of money for an extended warranty.

Advertisement