Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't log into ebay

Options
  • 24-11-2010 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

This morning, I was able to log onto ebay.ie with any difficulty.

I then wanted to change my email address to corresponds with my other online accounts such as Amazon.

I changed the email on ebay.

I went to my email and clicked confirm as you are supposed to.

I then brought me to the login page. I put in my usual username and password, and it didn't work. I tried a couple of times. I then tried to get the email with all my information sent to me. It said that it had sent it to my email but it still hasn't.

I was then to log on to ebay.co.uk with my username and password. My old email address (hotmail) was still on this, even though I'd changed it earlier today to a newer address (live). Now this doesn't work either after me trying to fix the problem.

I emailed ebay and they haven't bother replying.

I also tried the page where you put your details in and put in your phone number for them to ring and it keeps coming up "put in a valid phone number" which I did. Now it says maximum tries entered.

I never changed my username so there is no reason why it won't log on. Also it made no sense whatsoever that I could log in to ebay.co.uk but not ebay.ie.

Nothing is working now. They are not answering the emails, nor can you contact them by phone. It is absolutely ridiculous.

Anyone got any ideas?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

What really annoys me is that on the confirmation email with the new address, it has the confirm button and it says if that doesn't work, to contact customer services and it has a link. When you click onto that link, it brings you to the login page. So if you can't login, you've to contact customer services, yet you can't contact them unless you can login.

This is one of the most stupidest things I have ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Naos

This morning, I was able to log onto ebay.ie with any difficulty.

I then wanted to change my email address to corresponds with my other online accounts such as Amazon.

I changed the email on ebay.

I went to my email and clicked confirm as you are supposed to.

I then brought me to the login page. I put in my usual username and password, and it didn't work. I tried a couple of times. I then tried to get the email with all my information sent to me. It said that it had sent it to my email but it still hasn't.

I was then to log on to ebay.co.uk with my username and password. My old email address (hotmail) was still on this, even though I'd changed it earlier today to a newer address (live). Now this doesn't work either after me trying to fix the problem.

I emailed ebay and they haven't bother replying.

I also tried the page where you put your details in and put in your phone number for them to ring and it keeps coming up "put in a valid phone number" which I did. Now it says maximum tries entered.

I never changed my username so there is no reason why it won't log on. Also it made no sense whatsoever that I could log in to ebay.co.uk but not ebay.ie.

Nothing is working now. They are not answering the emails, nor can you contact them by phone. It is absolutely ridiculous.

Anyone got any ideas?

Are you able to log in or are you still having problems?

Advertisement