Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Mast

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

i notice its located in topaz on the ennis road, i live near there too and thought that the antenna by the gaelic grounds was supposed to be this..obviously im wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

I tried to ring you about this manna, but couldn't get through. No coverage?

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭manna452121

Sorry you could not get thru Phil,but if the mast goes up you will be able to call to my house as it will be very easy to locate.I have checked the plans on-line and they say that they cannot locate or use other masts.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

phill106 wrote: »
    I tried to ring you about this manna, but couldn't get through. No coverage?

I took a call about this exact thing once in work, woman ringing to complain her texts werent sending and had no signal, the texts? they were being sent to a group protesting the mast being erected in the area.

you couldnt make up how stupid some people are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Apart from aesthetics, what exactly is there to protest about here?

• Advertisement

I myself live directly behind the Topaz station and looking out the window at a50ft mast will not be a lovely view.Do you think people would buy a house with this in their back garden?The company have already asked two other local businesses to install the mast and both declined.In Dublin the have also been refused at two locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Apart from aesthetics, what exactly is there to protest about here?
    I myself live directly behind the Topaz station and looking out the window at a50ft mast will not be a lovely view.Do you think people would buy a house with this in their back garden?The company have already asked two other local businesses to install the mast and both declined.In Dublin the have also been refused at two locations.

In fairness People do have a right to resist having a Company put up a 50' Mast so that they can boost their profits and the local Kids can surf pr0n on their Mobiles.

There's nobody on the Board of Vodafone, 3, O2 etc. who has to look out any of their Windows at that shíte - not to mention the worry of any damage to their Families health as we wait for the next version of the whole "harmful or not?" debate.

- OP if they meet enough resistance they will back off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Isnt their a big mast behind a house in Caherdavin already? Its right beside Jetland!

Telecom have a mast at their depot next to Aylesbury and their is also a mast in the ESB sub station beside the Gaelic Grounds.The company/Shared Access Ltd/ say they cannot "CO-LOCATE" on these masts.This company also has a contract with the FAI to install floodlights with the add-on that they can fit antenna/dishes to the masts

Advertisement