Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wildfire vs desire?

Options
  • 24-11-2010 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

Any1 know what the difference is between these bar one is bigger and has a bigger screen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

check Android section, all info is there

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭rothai

they are both android os though, are they not?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

you abviously didn't do your homework, YES both have android. Wildfire 2.1 and Desire 2.2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Moved to the Android subforum.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Wildfire has a smaller screen - which is resistive rather than capacative. It has a slower chipset & less memory. It is an entry level phone, the desire is mid/high end.

Some apps are not available for Wildfire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

screen resolution is far superior on desire. its faster too.

i have a wildfire and a friend has a desire.

the desire outperforms the wildfire.

however. the desire is bigger than the wildfire and the battery only lasts a day on the desire compared to 2-3 days on my wildfire.

so for speed and resloution and access to all apps go for desire.

for practicality and for sake of having an android phone go with the wildfire ( i like it i have no problem with it)

its like comparing a mondeo to a fiesta.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Martron wrote: »
    screen resolution is far superior on desire. its faster too.

i have a wildfire and a friend has a desire.

the desire outperforms the wildfire.

however. the desire is bigger than the wildfire and the battery only lasts a day on the desire compared to 2-3 days on my wildfire.

so for speed and resloution and access to all apps go for desire.

for practicality and for sake of having an android phone go with the wildfire ( i like it i have no problem with it)

its like comparing a mondeo to a fiesta.

That and €100 cheaper. I'm tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The question should be widfire or galaxy europa. I'd go with the galaxy nicer screen and €100 cheaper.

I don't think the wildfire has Bluetooth which is a must for me,for hands free in the car

• Advertisement

Actually I stand corrected,the emobile website say it doesn't have Bluetooth but on another website it says it does

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

The Wildfire definitely has bluetooth.

Advertisement