Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Wildfire on Emobile?

Options
  • 24-11-2010 10:12am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm due an upgrade and am out of contract with Meteor. I've used a S.E. w995 and it's good. My last 3 phones have all been S.E.

I'm looking at maybe getting a smartphone. Prices and contracts vary hugely.

Vodaphone and o2 are cruel for handsets and minutes. Meteor only have 1 12 month plan which just doesn't suit. An 18 month contract is too long - technology is moving too fast.

Handset wise I've looked at HTC Desire & Desire Z and a Wildfire. I realise the processor and screen aren't as good on the Wildfire, but I can get it free on Emobile, with a 12 month €44p/m plan, giving 300 mins, 300 texts, and 2gb of data.

The Desire is €99, and the Z is €149.

Which would you recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

Desire all the way!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭rothai

the screen is smaller, but then so is the phone so it can fit in your pocket. Will the difference in the processer make that much of a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

The wildfire is limited in the amount of apps supported due to the resolution. Some of my must have apps like mobile account checker and cabbage do not work on the wildfire.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭rothai

ah cool johnny, thats the kinda info im after

Advertisement