Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Pro Bowl roster

Options
  • 24-11-2010 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭

Figured this was worthy of its own thread...

if it was up to any of you, what would your pro bowl roster (or rosters) be from the games played this season? AFC, NFC or both. just out of interest

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

no takers? heres my AFC

AFC
    QB: Rivers, Brady, Manning (Orton 1st alternate in the likely event one doesnt go)
    RB: Foster, CJ, MoJo
    WR: Brandon Lloyd, Wayne, Andre Johnson, TO
    TE: Gates
    T: Joe Thomas, Ferguson
    G: Brian Waters, Brandon Moore
    C: Saturday

DE: Mario Williams, Ngata, Freeney
    DT: Seymour, Ahtyba Rubin
    OLB: Harrison, Shaun Phillips, Cameron Wake
    MLB: Mayo, Timmons/Lewis
    SS: Polamalu
    FS: Reed
    CB: Asomugha, Bailey, Brandon Flowers (massively underrated cb)

KR/PR: Marc Mariani (dude is a beast and cribbs has been injured a lot)
    P: Lechler
    K: Cundiff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭tommyboyle

Would Vick make your NFC after Rodgers and Brees? I know his body of work is limited but incredible. No ints, great pocket presence, and he can run a little.

tommyboyle wrote: »
    Would Vick make your NFC after Rodgers and Brees? I know his body of work is limited but incredible. No ints, great pocket presence, and he can run a little.

without a doubt, hes been brilliant this year

for running back Im thinking of bradshaw and peterson. Im missing a third.
    receivers nicks, jackson, and of course roddy white

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

He'd be ahead of either of those, IMO

• Advertisement

I could see the nod over brees this season. Don't get me wrong I love Vick. I go to two games a year and bleed green. But Rodgers has been amazing. I hope your right and also the eagles resign him right now. That said rodgers has been as good as anyone in the league

• Registered Users Posts: 37,956 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Have to agree about the receivers but I don't think Bradshaw should be there ahead of Turner. I know Turner has a lower ypc but Bradshaw has 6 fumbles which is not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,956 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I could see the nod over brees this season. Don't get me wrong I love Vick. I go to two games a year and bleed green. But Rodgers has been amazing. I hope your right and also the eagles resign him right now. That said rodgers has been as good as anyone in the league
    Both Vick and Rodgers have been amazing. I think I'd take Vick too though, but only just.

I'm not so sure about Brees even getting the no.3 spot. I think Matt Ryan has to be in contention for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Mike Williams, Seattle Seahawks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

nice thread will add my roster later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Who I'm voting for

AFC
    QB: Rivers, Brady, Sanchez
    RB: Foster, Johnson, Charles
    WR: Llyod, Owens, Johnson, Bowe
    TE: Gates, Lewis

DE: Ngata
    DT: Seymour
    OLB: Harrison, Wake
    MLB: RL52
    CB: Hall, Haden

K: Cundiff, Carpenter

NFC
    QB: Rodgers, Vick, Ryan
    RB: Peterson, Gore, Jackson
    WR: White, Megatron, Jennings, Colston
    TE: Olsen

DE: Tuck, Osi
    DT: Suh
    OLB: Matthews
    MLB: Ruud, Fletcher
    SS: Landry
    FS: Rhodes
    CB: Samuel, Hall, Talib

K: Bryant

just one point albeit pedantic

nobody has actually posted a proper pro bowl roster with the right number of selections at each position :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

evil_seed wrote: »
    Who I'm voting for

AFC
    QB: Rivers, Brady, Sanchez
    RB: Foster, Johnson, Charles
    WR: Llyod, Owens, Johnson, Bowe
    TE: Gates, Lewis

DE: Ngata
    DT: Seymour
    OLB: Harrison, Wake
    MLB: RL52
    CB: Hall, Haden

K: Cundiff, Carpenter

NFC
    QB: Rodgers, Vick, Ryan
    RB: Peterson, Gore, Jackson
    WR: White, Megatron, Jennings, Colston
    TE: Olsen

DE: Tuck, Osi
    DT: Suh
    OLB: Matthews
    MLB: Ruud, Fletcher
    SS: Landry
    FS: Rhodes
    CB: Samuel, Hall, Talib

K: Bryant

Kick returners? Hester has to be the NFC one.

Urlacher should be MLB, he has had a great comeback year and the Bears D is up there with the Giants D in the NFC, himself and Peppers are the difference makers there.

Chris Long is also having a hell of a year for the Rams.

God I wouldn't be surprised if Des Bryant made it if he keeps playing like he is, incredible player.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

D3PO wrote: »
    just one point albeit pedantic

nobody has actually posted a proper pro bowl roster with the right number of selections at each position :p
    I said who I'm voting for. I couldn't be arsed picking line men as I honestly don't know
    themont85 wrote: »
    Kick returners? Hester has to be the NFC one.

Urlacher should be MLB, he has had a great comeback year and the Bears D is up there with the Giants D in the NFC, himself and Peppers are the difference makers there.

Chris Long is also having a hell of a year for the Rams.

God I wouldn't be surprised if Des Bryant made it if he keeps playing like he is, incredible player.

All good shouts. But Urlacher wouldn't be as impressive this year if it wasn't for Peppers. Just my opinion

evil_seed wrote: »
    I said who I'm voting for. I couldn't be arsed picking line men as I honestly don't know

For shame you gotta give the guys in the trenches their Kudos. Some exceptional performances by linemen this year. The big guys need some love :D:D

will post my selection when i get home but of the big guys Rookie Maurkice Pouncey has been phenominal and I never thought Id say this after how bad he was last year, but Flozzell Adams has had a pro bowl year !!! :eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Is this a contest to guess the roster, or post up our ideal one?

The answers will be different IMO, the pro bowl will be, as always, a popularity contest.

Max Power1 wrote: »

The answers will be different IMO, the pro bowl will be, as always, a popularity contest.

post your own but try and be objective rather than a populist :)

Max Power1 wrote: »

your own ideal pro bowl but with objectivity obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Does anyone think Hillis deserves a spot this year? And also steve johnson?

Hillis yes (hes on my ballot ) to be published later :) Johnson no.

• Advertisement

they're having very good years, but there's too many good players at those positions for them to get in, like at rb you have Foster and CJ as near certainties while MoJo, RunDMC and Jamaal Charles are all deserving of the last one

Same deal at WR, you have Lloyd, Wayne, TO, Andre, Bowe and Wallace all contending too, though Steve Johnson has been brilliant

spiralism wrote: »
    in, like at rb you have Foster and CJ as near certainties

CJ isnt on my ballot.

Both CJ & Hillis have 4.5 YPA this year. Difference is Titans have a semblence of a passing game, the browns dont, meaning the box can be stacked much more.

Hilis has also contributed a lot more in the Browns passing game than CJ, and has been a better pass blocker aswell.

In reality though Hilis hasnt a prayer of making the popularity contest team erm I mean pro bowl.

CJ isnt on my ballot.

Both CJ & Hillis have 4.5 YPA this year. Difference is Titans have a semblence of a passing game, the browns dont, meaning the box can be stacked much more.

Hilis has also contributed a lot more in the Browns passing game than CJ, and has been a better pass blocker aswell.

In reality though Hilis hasnt a prayer of making the popularity contest team erm I mean pro bowl.

CJ is still 3rd in rushing and the titans passing game is actually worse than the cleveland one atm

still though, even if you say that CJ isnt deserving, are you saying hillis is more deserving than RunDMC or Jamaal "6.1 ypc" Charles?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c603e6/article/giants-elevate-jacobs-to-starting-rb-over-bradshaw?module=HP_headlines

Bradshaw has been dropped as starter apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

The three running backs should be Foster, RunDMC and Charles. All 3 have over 5.0 yards per carry, and have over 9.0 avg in the passing game. CJ has only 4 yards in the air. Hillis is 4th choice, despite having a lot more TD's with more fumbles and less YPC I've a hard time picking him over the other 3.

AS for WR, I wouldn't have AJ or Wayne. Both have been fairly average. The 4 WR's I'd go with would be Lloyd, Steve Johnson, Dwayne Bowe and Mike Wallace. All, except LLoyd have twice as many TD's as AJ and Wayne. TO just misses out.

CJ is still 3rd in rushing and the titans passing game is actually worse than the cleveland one atm

still though, even if you say that CJ isnt deserving, are you saying hillis is more deserving than RunDMC or Jamaal "6.1 ypc" Charles?

like I said you need to look beyond stats if you want to select a truly objective pro bowl team.

Stats wont tell you how good somebody is at a blitz pickup, or how good their running is with an average O Line and no passing game etc.

If we were to just go on stats then what would the point be in having a ballot ? Just pick the top rushers, recievers, sacks leaders etc and be done with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,225 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Who I'm voting for (NFC with 1 or 2 AFC players thrown in)

Offense:

Quarterbacks:
    Matt Ryan, Mike Vick, Aaron Rodgers.
    Running Backs:
    Adrian Peterson, LeSean McCoy, Ahmad Bradshaw.
    Wide Receivers:
    Roddy White, Marques Colston, Santana Moss, Johnny Knox(stfu :pac:).
    Tight Ends:
    Tony Gonzalez(<3), Chris Cooley.

Defense:

Defensive Ends:
    Julius Peppers, Osi Umenyiora, Trent Cole.
    Defensive Tackles:
    Ndamukong Suh, Richard Seymour.
    Outside Linebacker:
    Clay Matthews, Lance Briggs, DeMarcus Ware.
    Inside Linebacker:
    Brian Urlacher, Patrick Willis.
    Cornerbacks:
    DeAngelo Hall, Asante Samuel.
    Strong/Free Safety:
    LaRon Landry, Louis Delmas.

Special Teams:
    Kicker: Robbie Gould.
    Punter: John Ryan(Not a bad punter, and because of that big hit he took from Earl Bennett v the Bears when he tried to cut off Hester on his punt return TD. The man deserves my vote.)
    Return Man: Devin Hester.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Running Backs:
    , Ahmad Bradshaw.

Really ? Has what 6 fumbles or something this year, that totally erodes his body of work :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,225 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Really ? Has what 6 fumbles or something this year, that totally erodes his body of work :eek::eek:

He's from Marshall though :). Some of my votes are biased. I voted in Seymour for punching Roethlisberger :pac:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Yes, Wouldn't have mcfadden near it.

Offensive skill players who's most impressed me

QBs
    Vick, P Manning, Rivers, Rogers, (Brees and Brady have had very poor games)

RBs
    Foster, Hillis, Petersen, C Johnson

WRs
    White, D Jackson, S Jackson, B Lloyd, Owens

TEs
    Lewis, Z Miller

Advertisement