Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissian Almera Clutch Trouble

Options
  • 23-11-2010 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

My brother has a 99 Nissian Almera which has given desperate trouble in relation to the clutch. Its gone through about 3 clutches and a clutch cable or two in a short space of time. The problem is that the clutch is extremely heavy to the foot and you need to have some strength to get it in to gear. First and second being the worst to get into gear. It grand for a while with a new clutch but a couple of months (about 3) and the problem justs returns. Each clutch has been a different brand.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as its is an absolute effort to drive at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

This is not typical of the almera. In my experience this model has an extremely light clutch.

The clutch is cable operated. Would it be possible that one of the mounting points at either end of the cable anchorage is out of alignment, causing the cable to strip its plastic core after a while, which in turn would cause the cable to be stiff and potentially, the clutch to slip, causing it to burn out?

My 2c for what its worth!!

Advertisement