Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indoor lessons in Kildare

Options
  • 23-11-2010 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

Sorry if this has been done before but I did a search and couldn't find anything recent.

I'd like to get back into riding. About a year ago I decided to go back to it but was surprised how few places I could find in Kildare that offered lessons, in particular the option of indoor lessons. I know I should probably be willing to go out in all weathers but to be honest when I'm just looking for a bit of enjoyment once a week the last thing I want is to be coming home soaked and frozen.

I tried a few places last time. Really liked Kildare International but it's about 45mins from me. Would love some recommendations for places around Maynooth/Clane.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Yellowyorange!

Kildare international is worth the drive out. Im in maynooth and by going through straffan/kill instead of naas town it never takes more than a half hour. Still a fair trek, i know, but like i said it's worth it. Arena=one of the best going, instrucors=excellent, horses=something for everyone, and not just the usual plods! I'd give it a go at least, see if you think it's worth it. :)

PS, they are particularly good with riders coming back after a break from riding, building confidence etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭granturismo

Carton is the only school on the Maynooth/Clane listed on aire with an indoor arena. There is a search option for riding centres by facility on http://www.aire.ie/

http://www.cartonequestrian.com/

I cant recall any in Clane and dont know anything about Carton. Collistown between Kilcock, Dunboyne and Maynooth has an indoor (I think) but is listed as a livery and competition yard so may not have lessons.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭namurt

Thanks for that. Didn't realise Carton had an indoor. Will definitely have to take a trip out.

Just looked up Collistown and you're right, it's a bit unclear about whether they do lessons or not. I remember finding that with quite a few places the last time I looked.

Thanks for the info.

Advertisement